Nobody is hyped for the 2024 Olympics in Paris

Yeah, I know some people aren’t interested in the Olympics, but I remember when the Olympics were a big deal for years, the 2020 (cough 2021) Olympics in Tokyo were like the last time it was hyped even though it was delayed because of the pandemic. This year though, it doesn’t seem that a lot of people are hyped about this year’s Olympics considering it’s in Paris, and it’s the 100th anniversary since Paris hosted it in 1924.

The past Olympics in Tokyo does feel weird watching without iconic legends like Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt participating. It will feel very weird without any childhood heroes I grew up watching competing. I really miss those days.

It certainly has decreased in popularity over the years. And you can tell the IOC is trying to target younger audiences with the introduction of more “extreme” sports and things like break dancing. Hell NBC is trying hard this year for viewers by having Snoop as a commentator.

I remember when the Olympics were a big to do growing up. Hopefully we can get back to that at some point but honestly I’m not sure we will.

Well partly you have 24/7 sports coverage of similar events though out the year(s) and so an event that happens every four years has less prominence.