Nobody Asked For This

The problem comes in when Blizzard pulls a “Corrupt a Wish” on us. The two best examples of that is CRZ and garrisons.

People wanted Blizzard to shut down their dead server and allow them to move to a different server for free. Instead they gave us this CRZ nonsense that didn’t fix anything. Sure, you see random ghost out in the world while you’re questing. Half the time those ghosts are the opposite faction and the other half are ghost that you will never see again. CRZ didn’t fix the real problem which was the lack of guilds and a dead AH.

As for garrisons, people wanted traditional player housing that we see in other MMOs and not the ball-and-chain we received that basically played the game for us.

1 Like

I agree to an extent, although I don’t feel like this was them intentionally corrupting the wish. I see it more as them trying to improve on things but doing it badly. For example CRZ. They wanted to address the issue, but had see in the past how Mergers go terribly wrong and often lead to a dead game. I feel like CRZ came from a good place in trying to avoid those headaches, but the net result I agree was a bit of a corrupted wish affect.

Garrison, I feel like they was trying to give us the RTS feel of the game. They really want housing to be something more then just wasted space if it’s a thing. They want this I believe because if it’s more then just wasted space and it’s a bigger part of the actual game then it allows them to have a good reason to spend resources on it and keep improving it. I think again it comes from a good place but nets in a bad place. I think they need to re-examine their good intentions. Because it always seems to be a pathway to hell.

That’s the problem. We don’t know if they’re listening to posts like that, posts that are more succinct, or just the top 5 most common complaints on Twitter. Even if people have good ideas with logic behind them, they’ll be discouraged from posting in-depth feedback if they don’t know if Blizz will even listen.

2 Likes

Well I have been posting it for years, and I may be wrong. But I like to think my post may have had a hand in them finally adding solo content like the recent Visions, and the upcoming Torghast.

The other versions of that is likely floating around on the old forums somewhere still.

You seem to be wanting players to provide more than feedback but rather what ought to be implemented into the game. That’s not their job. While suggestions from players are fantastic, again, it’s not really on them to do so necessarily.

You are right, but not providing direct suggestions on how to address the problem. Then turn around and being upset and saying nobody asked for this because they didn’t fully know what you wanted. Is being a bit of a prat.

It’s on Blizzard to take player-criticism/feedback and consider that while creating content and implementing changes. You will never have a consensus from players as to what exactly should be released. That isn’t a very good marker to work upon.

This is true, so it does sort of make you question. Why would someone say nobody asked for this? When it’s clearly a false statement. Someone somewhere, did ask for this.

Someone somewhere, did ask for this.

Which you have no proof of, correct? Seems presumptuous.

Edit: Even if someone, somewhere asking for something is not what any content should be based upon. That’s an individual. That’s not a good metric. You want to please as many players as possible simultaneously. Blizzard should not run off of an individual’s concept or desire.

the funny thing about the constant use of “nobody asked for this”, is most of the time, people DID ask for it.

1 Like

You can’t know that, and you certainly can’t prove it. Given any random change to the game, it’s statistically unlikely that, out of the entire playerbase, not one single person wanted or asked for it.

The lack of using market research is a key reason why they’ve lost so many subs over the years. If they don’t know what players want, then they won’t be creating the right stuff.

Okay so as an example, what complaints is blizzard trying to solve with the AOE cap?

With all the things the community has asked for might as well bend over now and get it over with.

What players say they want does not always translate to what they do. Blizzard makes changes and then looks at the metrics to see what players actually do. If players do what they want then blizzard will keep doing it. When players stop doing what they want they’ll change it. For example, grinding artifact power apparently made players do what they wanted, so they kept it.

The old monkey paw approach!

… Please no

How do you mean? The game director calling it degenerate to mass pull dungeons?

The litany of “we feel” or “we believe” strewn in to defend covenants?

How is this any different than any other year?

1 Like

Hi there, Jay.

1 Like

I said asked for, not wanted. People are very rarely specific with what they want unless it’s a class change, or a added race/class. When it comes to systems people don’t really know they want it, until it’s introduced. Because Blizzard has their own way of doing things. People beat around the bush on saying what they want and just give pretty vague comments on what they think they want.

Seems legit.