No Work Being Done on WoW

It wasn’t accidental.
Not including it in the patch notes was the accident according to Jeff Hamilton.
Then, because of backlash, blizzard said that they’d nerf them in the future but wanted to now give people time to prepare for the nerfs.

Jeff was using his power to make the community mad at Blizzard + the scandals. It was his intention to hurt the game and company financially. Which is why he posted that stuff. He should be fired.

Yes, devs communicating- meaning spreading fake news- with the community is all a conspiracy to overthrow the democratically elected number 1 MMO in the world. #stopthecount

All you might accomplish by getting everyone to unsub is causing Activision to cut its losses and dump the game. The workers who are fighting for better conditions will have no job to come back to. Stay subbed but stop buying tokens and services.

If you actually believe that this is going to cancel 9.2 or the eventual 10.0 you are actually insane or being willfully ignorant.

At worst, and i mean at the absolute WORST, this is just going to be a delay in the content coming out.

1 Like

Could be a good sign, SL is so bad no need for 9.2, just skip to 10.0 and unlevel squish

1 Like

I guess u dont understand the principle of Hiring.

Job like this ask for 3 to 5 years of experiences to be Hired. So if u quit well u wont find job elsewhere.
Second Its a small world and lots of it is because u know someone u get a job. (Also make gossip travel faster) So getting a job cause u know someone instead of the actual job lead to Bro/frat culture.
Also like i previously said gossip travel fast. So if u leave and ‘‘managed’’ to find another job and they ask u why u left there is 2 options.

• U either left cause sexual haressment and bad treatment at work.
  • Or they ask your corrupted HR who paint u as someone hard to work with. And make ‘‘False’’ complain of sexual harassment.

So im sorry to tell u but life aint black and white only and if u think it is .Well u need to look around

It’s true that you shouldn’t be expected to still pay or support the product right now.

It’s also true that tantruming about it while knowing full well what’s going on internally is, frankly, nuts.

If you don’t want to wait? Unsub. We actually have a valid reason for a lack of quality content for once.

This isn’t a white knigtht post, btw. This is just reality. Employees are being treated like trash and staging walkouts, management is in the toilet. A new patch isn’t going to magic itself right now especially with the dumpster fire that is SL.

3 Likes

to be fair, even if work continued, it would end up being bad because the internal issues wouldn’t be solved.

generally speaking, creative endeavors don’t do to well in a bad work environment. prob explains the downward spiral of decisions made for the past few years. =/

2 Likes

Stating that it shouldn’t be an expectation is hardly tantruming and the fact that the ‘community’ is willing to condemn/attack/go after anyone who has a different opinion with ‘just quit’ is, frankly, just as nuts.

Or is it an excuse? Truthfully the work environment has been going on for a lot longer than just right now if any of the accounts and the 2 years investigation are any indicator. The people coming forward have stories that go back to the early Blizzard days.

This answer is as old a narrative and as unnecessary as the rest. It’s a good thing people don’t really take that direction as the solution or there wouldn’t be the player base to play with…

Looks around… oh wait.
(The numbers continue to drop for a reason)

You paid for content and the ability to access their servers to experience that content. I’m failing to see the issue. If’ you’ve played all the content then by all means stop paying to access the servers until there is more content for you to experience.

The post, in my opinion, is as unwarranted as me telling a sports team I am not going to visit the arena they play in until the sport season beings.

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

my bank account says otherwise anon but I digress enjoy your capitulation paypig you deserve it.

I normally get outraged over things that happened a week ago and are no longer the case, too.

1 Like

if I wanted to play the same, lackluster content repeatedly, I’d buy a console and a bad cartridge (or dvd) game, BUT not only do I pay a subscripton to access their servers, I pay a subscription to play a dynamic, developing story. they promote that aspect actively. please, take. your. seat.

1 Like

You pay a subscription to access their servers and play the expansions you have purchased. Nothing more. Any expectation beyond that is your own presumption.

This is new to me I been sleeping for awhile.

that happened a week ago

relax

I don’t agree with you, I had a similar situation at my job 5 years back, all those involved went on leave without pay while the investigation happened and went through while not as severe as this current fiasco it was on the same premise. Work did not stop, it’s a company, one of the hardest things to get back from customers is trust.

Those then responsible were fired, no two weeks notice, they were told to come collect their things in boxes…

It crazy that a huge Company with thousands of employees would all just stop for a select handful.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope justice is brought and done to those involved it’s a disgusting and disgraceful situation, but to stop shop is ridiculous. Especially when you have millions of continuously paying customers.

Edit: Employees well-being does come first, but not on work time, we provided support for everyone including paid psychologist visits , stress leave for those involved or tied directly to those involved… if you are unfit to work we made sure help for those tied into the situation had the support they could get but for everyone else not involved work still went on.

2 Likes

Blizzard’s internal issues are not my problem. If WoW is going to be in maintenance mode for awhile then people should unsub; or it should go free to play until Blizz gets their act together.

I feel badly for the employees impacted but if Blizz is charging for a service then Blizz needs to continue said service.

2 Likes

The guy may as well follow up the tweet by saying Covid-19 vaccines make you magnetic. Dumpster fire atm.