No Work Being Done on WoW

Jeff Hamilton on the WoW team blasted all over twitter that no work is being on WoW. Did your team fail to forget that we are all paying customers ? Until work is being performed I am unsubbed. Its a perfect storm for there not being a 9.2 or 10.0 release. Jeff should be fired for not going through the proper channels.

25 Likes

You are like one week late, this drama was already milked.

23 Likes

No work should be done on WoW until there’s tangible proof that employees won’t be exploited going forward. I’m more than willing to wait longer for 9.2 if it means ActiBlizz turns their trashpile of a company around.

11 Likes

So I’d like to point out if no work is being done we wouldn’t get hotfixes nor the TBCC ptr updates.

4 Likes

Wow when you’re late, you’re not even fashionably late… You’re like days late.

2 Likes

They didn’t forget.
They told us that we are part of the problem if we want content lol.

17 Likes

Internal builds are months ahead of live builds.
You won’t see the impact of a work stoppage for months.

1 Like

I agree that the well-being of employees is >>> muh vidya gaems.

We can wait like big boys and girls while management gets their sh1t together. WoW has literal years of old content to chew through.

2 Likes

give it two months and the cries for 9.2 will drown out the morally upright cries for workplace conditions.

1 Like

It was mentioned on one Blizzard employees twitter, which has since gone “private” afterwards.

I said this a few days ago wow community is so gullible I dont know how you guys are assuming this game can make a comeback if I was activation best return for my money is make all these employees work on moblie games for a bit of profit till they rage quit then sell everything off to a china company for profit.

Blizz actually worked in the first place? Lol The last few xpacs and patches say otherwise.

No content updates = no pay. Imo.

7 Likes

Well, at the very least you’re doing the right thing and unsubbing instead of complaining about nothing to do but continuing to give them money.

1 Like

Hotfixes aren’t months ahead. They’re generally oh they this is broken push this fix. Hence the accidental nerf then buff to the domination sets.

“If you were Activision” but you’re not. You’re a person who probably has no idea how game development or business works.

While I 100% support this premise that does not mean I should expect less of a product because of that.

The internal problems of a service company should not become the customer’s problem. The narrative that is being promoted of expecting a quality product/service is selfish or childish is ridiculous and is a narrative that is designed to deflect from the very real problems that the company has onto the customer.

Not going to fly in my world. They need to clean up their house but their internal problems from completely unacceptable work culture, to product delays to server issues to buggy patch releases (which need to be fixed now not from the queue a year from now) still exist. Either they are a service company with a product to provide or they should close their doors. It’s arrogant of them to expect otherwise.

8 Likes

Paying customers > Employee Well Being. If they are being mistreated they should just leave and find another job. They arent held to work at blizzard against their will. Fire em and start working on the game I pay for. We shouldnt have to pay a monthly fee while blizzard sorts out its creep culture.

4 Likes

So your that kind of person. I hope you have the day you deserve.

3 Likes

You’re too late for this outrage should have been here last week

bad troll is bad