No Worgen & Goblin Heritage Armor after all :(

Well it has been confirmed there will be no new Worgen & Goblin Heritage Armor after all suppose it was scrapped , or at least scrapped from 8.2.5 (the patch where they get “updated models” , so maybe it is pushed to a later patch which means r.i.p. to whatever race was going to get heritage in that patch and gets the boot of possibly not being out in this xpac or ever because now worgen n goblins wil ltake their place in the line lol, since the dev told us it would come out in the same patch along with the “updated” models.

5 Likes

Uh…who said it was scrapped?

I wouldn’t have liked it anyway. Female goblin native garb is slinky party dresses. Nothing else would do.

8 Likes

PTR forums blue post just said 8.2.5 doesn’t have the armor.

4 Likes

Kaivax said there are no new heritage questlines in 8.2.5.

That doesnt = scrapped. Maybe they got bumped to 8.3?

Farahlon was scrapped. Arial combat was scrapped. Dance studio was scrapped.

We don’t know what happened to this heritage armor, just that it’s not in 8.2.5.

25 Likes

Could have been. The original interview’s wording implied they’d drop at the same time as the new models, but after the tauren heritage armor quest, it’s quite possible they’re going to tie the worgen heritage armor into the overarching storyline of BfA via Genn. And if so, the goblin armor would probably be held until the worgen quest chain was introduced.

Or maybe Gazlowe is finally going to oust Gallywix and that will be the goblin heritage armor quest. Who knows?

I just eventually want a freakin’ top hat for my worgen.

Edit: Actually, we don’t even know the armor isn’t in 8.2.5; maybe goblins and worgen will just be given their heritage sets for hitting level cap and being exalted with their respective factions. Isn’t that how most of the non-allied race sets have worked?

4 Likes

There is still hope for the dance studio!

4 Likes

They wouldn’t just randomly scrap a heritage armor after other races / core races have gotten them. Context clues, my friends. It means it got pushed back, which isn’t a surprise considering this is Blizzard and pushing things back happens if they wanna release something good. Blood elf model updates were pushed back and every other race had theirs before blood elves. We still got them.

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate, but at least they let us know.

However, pushed back is not scrapped OP.

6 Likes

No blues said it was scrape, just that it won’t be in the update we expected it. It could come in a later update, apparently redoing the two racial models too longer than they expected.

Kinda makes more sense to finish up the original eight races before moving on to the ones added in Cata.

The models in themselves was a huge amount of work… Be patient. The way the blue post reads nobody is getting Heritage armor.

2 Likes

All the Classic Races have not received heritage armor sets yet. They should get theirs before Worgen, Goblins, and Pandaren.

3 Likes

You don’t want anything rushed. A little delay is ok, we had to wait for be heritage and it was worth it.

4 Likes

orc, humans, night elves, forsaken got theirs in warfronts, next warfront is barrens which wowhead datamined over a year ago and blizz said it was fake and not going to be real yet here we are the barrens warfront 8.2.5 tuarens vs dwarves, both which have a heritage yet racial xmog from the warfront too…
ones listed were
barrens
gilneas
silvermoon
azshara(above ogrimmar)
durotar

the only warfront we see in 8.2.5 is a durotar warfront

While I’m happy to at least get model updates, I’ve been super curious for awhile now as to what the design for these armor sets will be. AND NOW I HAVE WAIT LONGER!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

or at all, they did not specify is they completely scrapped it or moved it lol. If they do move it well they promised worgen updates for years…

These are not heritage armor sets. Heritage armor is restricted to a single race and all class types have the same armor.

The warfront sets are a different set of armor for each class type and they can be worn by any race.

I doubt there will be any new warfronts except maybe a Heroic Darkshore warfront.