No Way To Report Continued Harassment On The Forums?

It was lost before that. Blizz disabled it well before the new forums rolled out.

I miss it so much :frowning:

Of course it is. Every other Blizzard forum handles the data at the Bnet account level. WoW forums were specially modified to handle it at the Character level. That is not a default in the Discourse software package. I mean, if they wanted to go the easy way, they could have just left WoW the same as the other forums and we post by Btag.

The reasoning behind it has to do, I think, with the role play aspect of WoW and the attachment people have to characters - and the ability to post as that char.

4 Likes

Good points Mirasol. I recall now that the account ID was indeed removed before the new forums rolled out.

I’m also now recollecting that there was quite a lot of upheaval among the forum population when Blizzard announced they would use Real-ID as the basis for forum data above the character level. Many, including myself, were concerned over privacy issues.
That may have scared them away from consolidating WoW posting at the Battle.net ID level,

Look, I’m not trying to start a fight with you, nor I’m trying to act smug with you. I understand you’re trying to help, but from an outside point of view, it can be view different. Yes, she was mistaken, but it’s probably best to just let her get some coffee or something to wake her up. They basically gotten into the office and would re-reead what they post and clear up any mistake.

Again, not trying to pick a fight, just wish to show another point of view on the matter. I like you and Pearl on the CS forum, I like reading and learning from you two, but just wish to point it out overall. I’m sorry if it comes off as picking a fight, that wasn’t my goal.

1 Like

yes, people should just stick to discussing the game and you rarely have problems.

You are only seeing one side though. Usually harassment ends up being on both sides, sometimes one side is just more obvious about it.

and did you know, you could opt out of that, i.e. Cogshanks showing your characters.

1 Like

If I recall, the creator of Cogshanks did say if he personally saw people sock-puppeting to troll, he would he add them right back in, even if they opted out.

4 Likes

yes, but people rarely do that and really it is so minor and sort of sad, I am not sure why anyone else bothers with people who do that.