No Update on SOM Transfers Yet

Greetings SOM player, you chose SOM and knew it was a timed thing.

You will be allowed at a later date to come to WOTLK on Fresh Start Servers only.

Thanks.

1 Like

I get you’re disappointed but Kaivax’s post sounded pretty firm.
Sorry about that. I wasn’t as invested in SoM as you or others (though the ease of gold capping characters kinda amazed me) but it sounds like there will be a wait and then you’ll simply move into Wrath.

your take is not educated whatsoever. there is no entitlement in calling for blizzard to do the right thing to keep communities together. between factions, servers and seasons, the playerbase is already fractured enough. the players will not just accept arbitrary gating. they will simply quit. you don’t care, but Blizzard and the SOM playerbase do. this isnt a conversation for you, a SOM hater. this is a conversation between blizzard and the SOM playerbase. it has zero effect on you whatsoever.

You’re out of your depth, blood elf

No, i killed KT in classic and in SOM.

Your turn bozo.

1 Like

Oh heres my tbc character btw. Feel free to check the parses, no gdkp paypig greens like you buddy. Someone of us actually play the game, as previously mentioned.

-kekbot aka your dad

1 Like

shine little glow worm
:+1:

troll powah

1 Like

It’s so insane for someone who buys all their gear in gdkp’s to have a problem with som characters lmao. But that takes self awareness to realize i guess.

Just because I never wanted or asked to move to Wrath with my SoM dudes doesn’t mean it’s wrong or toxic or entitled to ask for it. Why can’t people just stay in their lane? Players just playing the game. Getting bothered about who has what title and how (like lol if people believe there was no “collusion” in Classic over r14 or scarab lord - doesn’t that “cheapen” it for you) is just silly. Play the game.

Also rmt touches everything including gdkps. If you claim to not care about people spending irl money on the game as long as it doesn’t effect the game who’s the clown?

1 Like

I’m the GM of one of the two only US Horde guilds to clear all content during SoM. The hate for SoM and the original intent for the characters is a circular argument at best.

An expectation was set in June that SoM characters would have the ability to be copied to WOTLK servers. Period.

I made a guild that has seen more than 500+ members walk through the doors, with substantially higher retention rate than every other Horde guild on Jom… the problem is that during SoM, people didn’t leave our guild, rather they quit the game entirely. Hundreds of members of my guild were excited to hear about the potential to level their SoM characters during pre patch in order to catch up for the WOTLK release… now we’re being told that we will wait potentially for months after release. Why?

Why can the option to copy not be given now? Those who have quit SoM can begin leveling, while those who are still playing will have the option to copy later should they choose. It’s the best of both worlds.

At the end of the day, pencil necks who have an issue with “welfare” R14’s and scarab lords are delusional. My guild, WOODDEPARMENT, fought a war against the entire Alliance faction during April/May to secure FOUR scarab lords, more than any other guild in SoM entirely. We did so alone, often being outnumbered in wpvp 4-1. We were purposefully griefed the ENTIRE time by POLAR and company. To hear that somehow the requirement for 20,000+ fragments instead of 40,000+ fragments magically diminishes the accomplishment is asinine. Instead of hating on SoM, understand that we are a small and tight knit community (especially Horde side) and we simply want to be able to play the game together, at launch, on our characters. Remember, most of us either entirely avoided TBC for SoM.

OP is right on the money with the post and replies. I passed the torch of leadership for WOTLK and we’ve managed to keep many of our OG guildies connected after we stopped raiding in SoM. Having to wait months after WOTLK to play on our characters is tone deaf.

This decision reeks of Blizzard wanting a money grab. “No you can’t play your SoM toons at launch… BUT we have this new exciting paid service for you to purchase a boosted level 70 instead.” Lame.

Costanza out.

8 Likes

Oh. I missed that Blizzard post. I don’t recall seeing anything specifically stating that SoM characters would be leveling in the pre-patch nor of ending SoM prematurely. I’ll have to look again for that blue post.

What exactly is defined as griefing on a PVP server?

I just want them to open transfers to ERA so I can play on a populated realm again… I don’t care for WOTLK. I want to play classic, but it’s essentially a single player game currently. At least open transfers to ERA since both SOM and ERA populations are horrible… logging in and seeing ZERO people in Ironforge is so depressing.

2 Likes

Do yourself a favor and completely ignore him. you’d have a better conversation with a wall.

LMAO you really proud of your double triple lust parses? Can’t win an argument thinks people can’t see that he cheeses parses so he can try and act like he’s better than other people on a decade old game… Bro we all know how you got them parses, some of us don’t care to cheese a raid group to make ourselves look better than what we are… and you still parssing lower than your gearscore… why would you even bring this up?

You are exactly the type of people the rest of us don’t want to play with… literally talking about your parses and nothing to do with anything we are discussing here on the forums… but you keep bringing up parses… that you cheesed to get your own parses… double and triple lusted… you are a joke.

Lusted in execute phase every time lol… MY PARSES WARRIOR HARD. lmao.

1 Like

You don’t want to know the full pain of the linen wars…

1 Like

Whats the hold up?

People who want to stay on classic content will, the ones who want wotlk content will transfer to wotlk.

Give the SoM community paid transfers for pre patch and free transfers at server close. Make a weird restriction like only characters than killed nefarion can transfer so these neckbeards that want to gatekeep feel better.

They are members of the WoW community and they have been playing one of the hardest iterations of the game released.

Let them join wrath prepatch!

-A concerned member of the classic community

1 Like

a far greater feat than killing it with muh world buffs :expressionless:

the content is literally almost 18 years old bud… lol.

1 Like

Please just open transfers to era and tbc/wrath now or with pre patch. SoM is done, we want to play our characters on servers with people. It feels like my characters are just being held hostage at this point for absolutely no reason.

1 Like