No Update on SOM Transfers Yet

What population. Logged onto Jom the other day, and only 2 horde players online lol.

The redistribution that Blizzard is monitoring on the Wrath servers so that SoM players aren’t put into 6+ hour queues as well.

It’s unclear to me if SoM players will be able to choose their destination server. Otherwise they could just let everyone go now to Earthfury.
:wink:

Just allow people who already have characters on a server to transfer there, and the ones who do not can’t.

Hi folks at Blizzard!

If you are still monitoring this thread I ask that in light of the population imbalances still existing on the servers in Wrath pre-patch at this time, please allow SoM characters to transfer to targeted, low/er pop realms only at the appropriate time. Let the full servers not be destinations and keep queues trending downward not adding additional pressure.

Thanks!

This community can’t read i swear, they legit told you people at the start of SOM that there WILL BE NO TRANSFERS IT WILL NOT BE TRANSFERED OVER IT WAS JUST A SEASON/LEAGUE LIKE PATH OF EXILE OR DIABLO 3 LADDER, YOUR CHARS REMAIN ON SOM AFTER IT’S COMPLETE.

That was the whole point of SOM…it followed the Pserver seasonal logic…you guys are crazy for wanting to xfer som over to wotlk classic, that’s not how SOM works. They told you and made it very clear at the start of SOM…

1 Like

Beta for SoM was just wrapping up when Blizzard advised players of future plans.

So no the original options were to have your character wiped OR permanently transfer to Classic Era.

Later (July of this year) Blizzard expanded the transfer option to include Wrath Classic.

Reading is fundamental and the search function is your friend. :slight_smile:

This is not now nor ever has been the only choice.

1 Like

Please release my character from SOM jail! My SOM PVE server is dead.

1 Like

Kaivax, if my SOM toons are in AUS server, will the free transfer move them into random OCE wotlk server, or can I transfer them to a USeast server with rest of my wotlk toons? An option to keep all my curent wotlk toons and som toons together in a same server would be awesome. Thanks.

@blizz
@kaivax

open paid transfers now, regardless if you plan to offer free migration later.

-the people

correct. all this whining is ridiculous
your SoM character is not going to get to participate in the rush to level 80. deal with it.

When someone who is mistaken quote’s someone who is mistaken is that like inception for idiots?

1 Like

And, I was bullied for saying this, when others thought their SoM characters were only able to be archived to perma Vanilla Classic, only and that I was “wrong”.

Ty for the clarificlation.

Please let SoM toons transfer off to Classic Era at least. We are stuck paying a subscription for a version of the game where we can’t play the game with other players because there aren’t any other players.

1 Like

There’s a (small) update on this from the Wowhead interview with Kris Zierhut today:

There was a Blue Post that was somewhat vague about when Season of Mastery transfers to Wrath Classic would open up, is there any specific timetable on when that will go into effect?

Kris Zierhut : I’m sorry, but unfortunately I don’t have a timetable on when that will go into effect, it really comes down to the engineering. We wanted to have it ready for Wrath of the Lich King launch, but it just didn’t make it. It is something we are working on to get as soon as we can, but I don’t have a date for you.

1 Like

So, just wanted to bring this up again, as we’ve now moved in to October. Any update or other info?

1 Like

An update soon would be very much appreciated!

1 Like

Agreed. I would love to play my SoM character in WOTLK even if we are past launch. The heirloom + flying in Northrend will help massively. Any updates on when the xfers will be available? December seems far from now…

1 Like

It’s only 2 months away

Game will be on life support in 2 months.

Please open transfers

1 Like