No to cataclysm

OL and NR dont have new levels in the game. They dont have new players in those zones and also those zones are 100% unchanged after Cata comes out. It is the level 60 zones that get changed.

So a level 85 can fly around same zone where a level 1 is questing in open world in the starting zone. And on PvP servers you get above level 10 you are most likely out in a contested zone. So there will be level 85s flying out and about there vs your level 10s. In TBC and Wrath zones you dont have max levels vs your low level players. You had high level players vs players who were slightly higher level.

In no way can you say that flying in OL and NR are comparable to flying in the level 60 zones.

Im actually for it. More so than any of you are. i am one of the only people here who wants arena teams to come back into WoW. Oh and btw…

Thats something an arena team causes you to have to do. You gotta play with people of your own matching MMR on a team. Back in the day, you could not invite high ranked players to do arenas with you to boost you in arenas. You had to play with people on your teams and on your teams only. You could not invite those with super high or super low CR compared to yours and have them be boosted up.

You could always disable XP on your toons and keep playing Wrath.

That content isn’t going anywhere.

2 Likes

See you in Vasj’ir!!!

2 Likes

Old Blizzard dev team actually allowed you to simply not upgrade to the new expac and you could keep playing the old version that you had upgraded to for as long as you wanted. Cant do that anymore, not in retail or Classic.

1 Like

Can’t you still do that by disabling XP?

Again, the content isn’t going anywhere. The only thing you might have to deal with are like Cata gems and enchants being better than Wraths.

1 Like

#permanentwrathclassic

End of story. Permanent wrath classic servers please.

3 Likes

I just don’t like arena. I like the open scale bgs more. Like warsong gulch and eye of the storm and arathi basin.

And open world pvp not a huge fan either. I just don’t think arena teams are as popular as they once were. But I could be wrong.

1 Like

No hate for those excited for Cata because I understand and respect everyone’s opinions and personal preferences but I would rather remain in Wrath. I don’t want to go back to Warmane. Halo gives their fan base and players the option to play ANY version on live servers. Why can’t we have an option and play the expansion we desire. Keep 1 or 2 servers open for Vanilla - Wrath?? I literally waited for years to play Wrath again on a Blizzard server only to be now taken away.

4 Likes

Man same. It’s time to get the #Permanentwrathclassic Train started.

That is the thing. I try to remain objective of the objective opinions and perspectives. I liked and loved alot of things about cata. But wrath also had alot of things that not even vanilla had that I liked. And cata delete alot of those things.

I think that at least having a permanent wrath era realm would preserve the best of both worlds for alot of players. Even if we don’t get permanent bc classic era servers. Permanent wrath classic era servers would be a reasonable compromise.

3 Likes

That was because the new expac was $$ gated and had to be purchased. Of course they weren’t going to upgrade everyone for free because it was counter to their financial model.

In classic the expansions are free, so their economic model runs the other way.

I don’t know why I’m feeding the troll, but I guess I did.

1 Like

Blizz made it not too long ago to where if you do that you get put into your own separate queues and pretty much cannot play with anyone ever.

where is this wrath era you are uninstalling? you play on the WoW Classic Progression Servers.

2 Likes

Which is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

I just want them to give us permanent wrath classic servers.

#permanentwrathclassic

1 Like

Basically she means she is uninstalling the game. I am just going to keep begging and demanding for permanent wrath classic servers.

#permanentwrathclassic

1 Like

your entire list just proves you have literally have no clue what you are talking about if you believe “this thing from cata is still in retail so it’s the exact same thing” but these notes in particular are just…terribly out of touch with the game.

the Cata talent system is just the same as the Wrath talent system with all the filler “get 1% increased damage to shadow damage” talents purged and combined into other talents. and the current dragonflight talent system was praised as a return to the basics with 2 separate trees you progress through, one for your class and one for your spec, with 61 points total.

Thrall has rejoined the horde since the end of BFA as part of the War Council which lead the horde instead of having a singular warchief. which you would have known if you actually looked into retail instead of just assuming that absolutely nothing has changed since cata.

if you wanna look at the unsundered world you can do that in Classic Era, SoD (and other future seasonal versions) and Hardcore.

how’s this different from being able to fly in the open world during TBC and Wrath?

4 Likes

But I want to play with the Cataclysm talents and abilities, not Retail. So I can’t, really.

2 Likes

The only Blizz understands is money. Your only option is to unsub with the reason “No Classic Wotlk Era servers” and hope enough other people do the same. But I doubt there will be enough lost subs for them to notice.

Aovona really is the premiere “I know absolutely nothing about actual retail, I just call whatever I don’t like retail cuz it’s easy”

3 Likes

And a bunch of classes are simply ruined by lack of mastery and/or spells they only gain access to at 80+ so this feels like sticking a dirty bandaid on a gushing wound.

But it’s OK to tell people to play Wrath content with Cata talents for some reason :smiley:

1 Like