No The Spark of Ingenuity storyline for 70lvl Alt

That seems to be the answer I’ve found as well. Try using the Valdrakken command table to start the main quest line.

2 Likes

so we are FORCED to do valdrakken quest line ?

doesnt make any sense to let ppl go adventure mode if u still need to do storyline

1 Like

If you feel like there should be changed to this, it’d be better suited to offer feedback in the quests forum.

4 Likes

So this is not a valid option for alts that have already hit 70. I can’t start the valdrakken campaign from the scouting map having already hit 70.

The resolution is to make the chain non chain based. Greyzik Cobblefinger should just have “Jump-Start? Jump-Starting!” quest available to anyone who is level 70.

1 Like

Then you’ll want to post constructively in the Quests forum or via the in-game suggestion feature.

Vrak is an SFA, not a developer, and is unable to pass game feedback like this along.

5 Likes

True, though I will note that if the quest cannot be picked up once you reach level 70, that would likely be a bug. I did pass that on, but I’d definitely submit a bug report as well.

9 Likes

My 2nd character is in the same spot. Did not choose Valdrakken from the scouting map, hit lvl 70, and now cannot get the questline to do the Valdrakken campaign and unlock the spark of ingenuity. So im sorta bricked right now…

2 Likes

This is indeed a bug. The whole point of skipping a campaign as an option of leveling is to do just that… not have to make players do it anyway LATER on for crucial items for late game. Thanks Vrakthris! I hope you’ll bring this to the attention of the devs and get this resolved!

I would circle back to this to make sure it has a higher chance of being seen by the dev team. There’s also an in-game suggestion (and also a bug reporter) feature as well through the Support menu.

3 Likes

where is the valdrakken command table ?

1 Like

I have this problem on my alts which I did adventure mode EXCEPT the one in which I ONLY did the valdrakken questline. The quest is available for me pre level 70…

Hi, thanks for answering the queries here, I have something similar happening: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dragon-isles-emissary/408349 although not for the spark of Ingenuity quest, but the campaign completion as a whole, I’ve been in touch with another rep but best they could do is let me know to submit a bug. Just getting it out here as well

(post deleted by author)

I feel like everything else ALTing related is perfect in DF. So I think maybe this is an oversight?

Any update on this?

Just ran into this on my second level 70 today. Was wondering why I was unable to see the quest and get the spark.
Pure oversight imo. Hopefully they fix that soon.

Would also appreciate an update on this. Really don’t want to do the entire campaign again on every alt.

Considering the game still hasn’t even been released for a full week yet? I can’t imagine they’re too concerned with alt-skips when people are still very much at work on the main storyline and initial end-game. As Vrak mentioned, it’s still so early on that this would likely be considered a game hint, which GMs cannot do anything with.

This is probably the best there is going to be for a while yet. That and:

3 Likes

PSA: My alt also did not have the spark of ingenuity quest. I went back and did the quests in thaldraszus, Once you finish the chromie quests, youll unlock “Learning Ingenuity” I leveled through dungeons and did not do any of the other zones, but I guess you HAVE o complete the temporal conflux quest chain. Hope this helps. Took me about an hour and a half to do it all. Gl!

Edit: Guess other people tried it too LOL.