No sound - M1 Mini

Oh ???

I use Steam … what do I have to do to fix this? Do I have to delete Steam all together?

OH THANK GOD, this (the MSTeams audio driver folder) is the fix. I installed Teams yesterday for an interview, and had been fighting my system after that, but I assumed it was that my Beats were somehow glitching in WoW as I’d also paired them with my computer at the same time. Microsoft having bad code? Noooo, could not possibly be it! Esp since it sounds like Teams runs fine without it. Code spaghetti for din din!

I was about to do a full reinstall after every single other troubleshooting thing I could think of failed. I’d done a scan and repair, too, but there was nothing to repair. There were a couple of /run commands I found elsewhere, but they did not solve the problem. Nothing I spotted in Advanced Control Panel gave me any hints.

Thank you for this - I would have wasted hours trying to solve this problem. I’m glad I scrolled down far enough in this thread or I would still be fighting my computer.

PSA: This problem manifested itself on my system again tonight after an upgrade to MS Teams. I followed the procedure outlined in my original email describing the solution and had WoW fully operational again in just a few minutes. Just a heads up for anybody else who might experience the same thing after upgrading MS Teams.

Confirming this also worked for me in Jan 2024
Mac mini M1 running Sonoma

Also wanted to sprinkle in this affects Nomachine also. It puts a couple .driver files in this very same folder (as Teams). Moving those off and rebooting fixed my wife’s game. Thank you for the workaround.