No sound ingame, WoW

As stated above, WoW has no sound. I’ve reset the game settings, checked for muted in-game sound, checked for muted sound in windows and checked the sound mixer. WoW is not even listed on the sound mixer. All my drivers are up to date so it’s not that either

You’ve checked also the ingame sound output device dropdown?

yes, it’s set to system default

Have you tried setting it to a specific device?

there are no options other than System Default and NoSound Driver, which makes no sense because their are sound drivers, my headset and speakers which are up to date and not corrupted

That is odd. I believe there should be entries specific to your hardware.

Nickp,

That can occasionally be permission issues. It should show up in volume mixer while the game is running. Assuming you checked there with the game active already and it’s not muted, something’s probably preventing us from accessing your sound drivers.

Try closing background apps and temporarily uninstalling any third party security programs if that fails. If even that doesn’t work, my next best bet would be something with your registry. Try playing on a newly created admin account. If it works there the problem is registry level and your best option is to move your files to the new account and delete the old one, or contact Microsoft for more help.

I’ve tried it in a new admin account, still did not work. I checked the sound log in the WoW files and it says it can’t find a sound output but, I have a headset and speakers plugged in and working.

I am having this issue now, did you ever find a resolution? What was the issue? I can’t figure it out.

Had you recently taken or made a call?

In my case, I found OSX toggles the sound driver (ergo, “NoSound Driver”) when a call is being made but for some reason, it isn’t correctly reset afterward. Manually swapping sound devices resets configuration for me.

I even installed a mod to help me do it at one click. :slight_smile:

No idea if this is applicable here, but just an idea.