No Sound in Retail Only

Been playing Classic and switched over to Retail and have no Sound. Checked drivers, reinstalled the game. HELP!

In sound pull down I get “System Default” and “NoSound Driver”

Like I said drivers are up to date and everything has sound and functions fine except Retail.

I also have no sound…EXCEPT character voiceovers.

No music, no ambient noise, no combat sounds, but my character will tell me he’s out of range and quest givers will do their little intro/conclusion. It started yesterday after an Ahn-Karet cutscene and now nothing fixes it.

Oh Blizzard … could you please give me some customer service or technical support for your game? I did all your “Self Help” from your troubleshooting. I have reinstalled Battle.net and all versions of Warcraft and still have the same issue.

Same. Still not working.

Having the same issue, tried all the self-help suggestions from Blizzard. Audio works with all other software, all other games, including Blizzard(D4, WC3, etc). One minute everything was working, then audio just stopped. Also only have System Default and NoSound Driver as my Audio Output options in the drop-down menu.

Still not working. No sound except character dialogue. All other sounds cut out at the character loading screen.

Wow.

Well what I have noticed is that I get sound from desktop speakers but when I switch to headphones, Sony XM4’s iirc, my PC doesnt always seem to notice. Including WoW. So I have to go in to the sound options manually to tell it to use them, sometimes it is but I switch to something else then switch back and it fixes it. Also in settings on my PC.

Really weird and not every time. Thats basic stuff so I dont mean to insult anyone. Hopefully it helps someone!