No Signal - monitor

So I boot up the PC and my monitor stays black and shows only a small “no signal” message.

What does it mean, she whines?

I tried taking out the connection cable and reconnecting it, making sure it was secure, without result. This cable was a new one from only recently after my old one was giving trouble - if it got only slightly moved I’d lose picture. What is the general cause of such a problem?

Notes, I have a service booked to check it out, Im just trying to make sure its not something simple to avoid unnecessary expense.

could be the input plug of the monitor is broken… is there another input slot? I mean another HDMI or DisplayPort input

Well, the tech visited earlier, turns out there was this weird situation where the access to the inside of the computer (you can tell Im very knowledgeable right) was somehow a tight fit for the plug and if the box was knocked at all the connection would be loose enough to interrupt the signal.

But there is also an issue with the RAM which he did work on though I may need to replace the cards at some stage.

But I’m online at least right now…

1 Like