No Questgiver Sparkles

Do you hate when Questgivers sparkle like a Twilight vampire as I do? Here is an addon called No Questgiver Sparkles that I made that uses the
/run WorldFrame:HookScript(“OnUpdate”,function()SetCVar(“Outline”,0)end)
script. The default functionality blizz implemented is to force you to either use an ugly yellow outline or if you disable the outline, the sparkles with no way to fully disable it. Never mind that there are big ! and ? floating about the npcs. This addon disables the sparkles. It won’t remove other sparkles though. You can find it at Curse.

Hi! Thanks so much for the addon! It works exactly as advertised.

I use the Dynamic Cam addon to zoom into first person view automatically when I interact with NPCs. It’s something I’ve been doing for the last year or so after 15+ years of always playing zoomed all the way out - to the point that I never actually got to look at the NPCs and see the little touches of personality their physical appearance and clothing gives them. This new approach was going great until quest NPCs started obnoxiously sparkling, as though the giant golden exclamation point over their head and on the minimap wasn’t enough to let people know they had a quest to offer!

So your addon is very much appreciated! Thanks again!

1 Like

thanks, i finally figured out how to turn off the giant bright outline, and then i found these sparkles are now everywhere, its very annoying for no reason.
there is alreayd a giant icon over the npc why sparkles too?
anyway im glad this gamers looking out for us all