No posting on alt accounts

Depends on your trust level and what you’re linking. Some stuff(armory and YouTube for example) can be linked by level 2.
Also any link in perforated text still works here. So really anyone can post links.

Trust level? So, more has changed on the forums than just the appearance and the lack of thread pages, I guess.

I also don’t know the term ‘perforated text’ - you mean basically writing it out without the punctuation that makes it an actual link?

I used to post a lot (a serious lot) back in BC, LK - but obviously post counts haven’t carried over. We used to post on multiple characters for fun on the chat thread but most of us knew each others’ alts so it was no big deal.

Problem is there may be people who just haven’t played in a really long time coming back and I don’t think their opinions should just immediately be ruled out. Although I sort of do think people who quit during classic or after BC just never got super into WoW or they did for a little while and just dropped it so they may not be sticking around for the long haul, but never know what each of them will do. I think it’d be beneficial if everyone had to choose a “forum character” that they’d be locked to.

Level 55 dks reporting.

1 Like

I in fact have not posted in this thread.

2 Likes

Lol. Yea. Blizz has us grinding forum rep now too. At the top of general discussion theres a post explaining everything.

There’s a button on your reply window looks like </>. Click it and put your link inside if you’re not high enough trust level. My swype was auto corrected. Its actually preformatted. Perforated is something with holes in it for ventilation. Lol.

Yea it’s been taken to all new levels of trolling and subversion around here. Kind of entertaining. Annoying mostly. Lol

Here you go. This is the new forum features.

The gifs are fun though:

The other thing is, sometimes people show up here and post and later discover that they can actually change the character that they are posting on, so they switch - but if you are stuck with the first one you post on, it might be some dumb alt you only play once in a while. I know when I was first going to post on the new forums here, the character that it had by default was some dumb alt that I haven’t really played in years other than pick up Winter Veil presents.

Really, the main reason I’ve been posting on my Warrior is because she’s the one I posted on the most years ago and maybe if any of the old forum people who knew me then saw me, they might let me know. I keep hoping to see some of the people I knew back in Vanilla, BC, LK here so I could maybe find some friends to play Classic with.

2 Likes

Honestly I’d rather we could use custom avatars. There’s really only tmog, race, and a few cosmetics that make store avatars look different anyways.
All undead. Strike the same pose. Just a few differences in the way they look. Kind of boring. Lol.
I want am optimus prime avatar. No. No. Cheech and Chong. No wait Ozzy. I really do like options.
The problem with the way avatars are here though. It makes it a breeding ground for trolls.

It seems like such an odd thing to do but hey… if they have the time and energy…

I started posting on the forums when they opened up classic. I’ve mostly stuck to this toon. All the alt hopping gives no sense of community except amongst the regulars. Who mostly stick to the same avatars.
Just seems like it hinders communication more than it helps.
Gives blizz that nice excuse about how they can’t be a part of discussions because our can steer conversations. Yet they keep saying they need to get better at it.
So them getting better at it is them standing back warching us tear each others heads off for weeks. Then they give us a blue post that clears up some stuff and raises more questions.
Which they don’t answer and the wheel keeps spinning. Lol. Break the wheel blizz. Get in here and socialize with your players.

Thanks for the explanations and the link - I bookmarked it.

Custom avatars would be nice.

Of course I remember the old forum avatars. They were set pictures based on your race, class and level. I think there was one for under max level and a different one for max level. I liked it because it was easy to scan through a thread to find my own posts because I was pretty much the only female Troll Warrior posting most of the time. LoL

1 Like

Classic allows unsubscribed people to post. How can they post on a character over 20 if unsubscribed?

You only need a level 20 or under to be able to post but you don’t have to post with that character.

I’m not subbed. I have all 110’s except for 1 lvl 19 twink.

I sometimes post and don’t realize what toon I post on. Honestly didn’t know people cared about it. As achieves are account wide.

Want the trolling to slow down? Launch the game.

Blizzard went with character postings rather than account postings.

I don’t care either way. I always post on the same character…

1 Like

ive swapped names a few times. Its not like it matters, I dont swap during a conversation.

Its all anonymous anyways

by selecting a character thats over lvl 20. Like mine

If the main issue is people switching to ‘talk’ to themselves, then making it so once you respond on a thread, you must make any more replies on that thread with the same character would basically solve the problem - right?