No personal loot for DF first raid

good point why change

i know to add drama

I asked that when they changed from the Legion system TBH.

Personal Loot for non-Guild groups. Whatever system you want for guild groups.

Good change. Another W for Dragonflight dev team.

Well that’s the worst thing about personal loot, which sounds worse than an EA gambling mode, because it’s the worst when your legendary is wrist, and all the time you drop in the vault in mythic+ dungeons.

Maybe it fixes the loot issue a bit, but it doesn’t help much for raid groups that don’t use discord.

That’s not how Personal loot works.

Or else, sometimes you’d see less loot attributed because there’s no hunter but a bow dropped.

The game picks the winners, and then assigns them a piece based on their loot spec. You’re not “stealing a tank trinket” from a tank. If your loot spec had been Healer, you’d have still won loot and just gotten healer loot and no tanks would’ve gotten the trinket.

No, PL is literally PL. It simply picks winners. The Loot is generated after the winners are picked, not before. You made something up in your head.

It’s literally impossible to ninja loot under PL.

Raids should offer the best gear and we just need a valor point system back. FFXIV does it quite well but I doubt Blizzard would go back to that because of Mythic +.

Damnit Spock
You green blooded
Vulcan.

So start a guild then. All the folks capable of high end raiding who hated ML always had the choice to play together and agree to straight up rolls for loot distribution.

?

I have a guild. You know, I try to see the whole picture, not just the small personal microcosmos that I’m playing in.
I’m far away of being a trial but I’m able to feel for those who are and will be and I’ve been in this situation before. Plus, it’s the argument that Blizzard themselves have used before.

The problem is no one wants to raid in a guild that doesn’t assign loot to where it has the most positive impact on your raid team.

Because you’ve literally set yourself up for failure.

Just a minority of loud voices who don’t even raid at the high end complaining about an issue that literally doesn’t affect them, and that everyone whom it does affect don’t think is an issue at all.

ML for guilds makes sense.

We don’t know, since you’re not posting on a toon that is currently guilded.

1 Like

How could I? I play on an EU realm and I would love to post with my main, but Blizzard don’t let me.

That means that the guilds in the last years had to suffer and all failed because their loot couldn’t be funneled into a few DPS?

But as I said, the guilds are not going to be the problems or use discord, the thing that will be in the LFG’s, something that will change a lot if it is about ninja loots.

I mean the people you claim couldn’t find a high end guild that didn’t want to use ML. They we all capable of starting one and if you’re right about how big the issue was, they’d have had a ton of players to choose from.

They have forums on the EU side you know. Might get less challenged about posting on level 10 Priests that aren’t guilded there.

You’re cute if you think we didn’t funnel loot using a sort of jerry rigged ML on top of PL.

I seriously doubt even Blizz is dense enough to remove pl from pugs.

what do you mean with that?

Sounds like “Utopia”, because a lot of people don’t have any leadership skills or enough knowledge and time to lead a guild. And most people don’t want to help build a new guild, they just want to join and find a safe haven, so
 yeah, it’s not that easy finding people who will join for building a proper raid group. “Just start a guild lmao” is a weird advice.

What challenge? There’s no challenge in posting here, it’s quite easy. Forums on EU side are not very active, the discussions here are normally much more versatile and open-minded, so sometimes I prefer to come here. I don’t see the problem.

I know how it works, no need to be so smug. Still, if one can’t trade the item then they can keep it and no one can take it away, which I find much better. We also have a loot council with kinda ML, but there’s still room for calling “personal use” on an item. Other mythic guilds on our realm handle it in a similar way.

It’s in the testing for the raid build. But why test something that isn’t going to be put into live. Hopefully it will be an option. But the wording of the test suggest there is no option.

They said they will announce mythic plus plans in a later post. And the post itself said testing for season 1. So we can assume group loot will be a part of season.

Everytime you’ll talk about guild loot distribution for high end raid guilds, you’ll get called out for posting on a level 10 alt for not actually being experienced in what you’re attempting to discuss.

I don’t make the rules, I just follow them.

They’re as active as here.

But yes I kinda do. Because for all we know, you have 0 experience with this sort of thing because you’re hiding. So for all we know, you’re just trolling us.

To try to play Devil’s advocate, it’ll be FORCED for raid testing tomorrow, but could simply be an option when live in Season 1.

Something I feel Blizzard could have been more clear about in their post.

1 Like