No personal loot for DF first raid

Cool. Personal loot is booty.

6 Likes

Hrm down to test this system. Feels like a blast from the past, but it works for me in FFXIV so I’m interested to try it here.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Agreed. I do think they should have left it as an option if some guilds want to do, but at the same time it kinda feels like karma when ml people said there should be a choice and got shouted down.

2 Likes

this is a definition of click bait. As always wowhead is hiding it w/ pretty words. There is NO PERSONAL LOOT FOR TOMORROWS TESTING. People need to read pass the headline

9 Likes

Where are you seeing it is for testing only?

“Blizzard has revealed that Vault of the Incarnates will exclusively use Group Loot, with no option for Personal Loot. Blizzard will be looking into feedback to improve the system before the release of Dragonflight.”

Ok I see:

That does not say it is for testing. It says you will see it during testing. Not the same thing.

1 Like

Imagine actually doing raids and using them to gear. Pfft we all know raids serve one specific purpose and that is for transmog! The real gearing progression is rated pvp and mythic plus!

1 Like

Adilith did not say Testing only

The Blizzard post said it was ahead of the testing tomorrow. Now, there could be additional info they omitted - like “this is the plan going forward” etc.

Either way, there was a thread filled with replies on this exact topic. Everyone needs to make a new topic on it to have the feedback spread and dissipate?

This is the thread I am referring to:

It was implied. It being seen tomorrow during testing does not change any meaning in the article, and certainly doesn’t rise to “click bait”.

Also, the other thread was a completely different article. One was about loot trading, one was about Need/Greed.

Well of course. Pretty clothes are the endgame. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

better not be for LFR

6 Likes

I would assume LFR would be exempt, but it was N/G when LFR was first added so it will possibly be the same.

1 Like

Blizz needs to clarify this, if this is the plan for the final product then it’s a massive step backwards for PUGs, and “trial” raid members will be going back to the days of not receiving any loot. We’ll also see the return of Raid groups where half of the items are “on reserve”, and Raid Leaders will give strict instructions for everyone else to pass on loot so that they can act as a Master Looter even though that option is technically not returning.

GL / ML have a place in high end progression guilds, but forcing this on PUGs would be a huge mistake.

17 Likes

Heroic raids will have higher ilvl than m+ end of dungeon loot iirc.

1 Like

I agree, but forcing PL on high end guilds was a huge mistake as well. I agree there should be both, but I also have a tiny bit of trouble with sympathy after people gloated when ML was removed and shouted down anyone that said it should still be an option.

4 Likes

They were holding their own in the arguments. That’s why so many pro master loot threads had to be removed.

In any case, when Blizzard announced they had decided to remove master loot, the decision had already been made. Players had no influence on this.

Come on. You were right there fanning the flames. Elitists were demanding respect and mass reporting players who disagreed for having the audacity to post in their threads. They instituted a punishment for false reporting after the player who started those nine “We don’t steal trials’ loot” threads was inciting readers to falsely report other posters.

3 Likes

I’m gonna say what I did in the other thread .

They could of had an easy win and just removed the loot restrictions on personal loot and let us decide what we want to keep or give away .

13 Likes

Nobody was asking for group loot. It’s a typical monkey paw feature. “You asked for something. We won’t give it to you, but we’ll give you something else that wasn’t all that much like what you wanted. Say thank you.”

5 Likes

Personal loot >

I wish they would just unlock trading the item within the group and brick the ilvl lock non-sense.

Group loot opens the game up for ninjas.

4 Likes