No ore. No mobs. No herbs. Layers gone

A single player can’t fight 24/7 farmers.

1 Like

I just keep seeing nodes disappear with no one around.

And like they said 24/7 farmers.

Blizzard needs to increase the spawn to the point there is no need for gold farmers on resources. They control the resources and also control the potions and such too now. Let gold farmers farm gold from kills, not resource nodes.

1 Like

Hahahaha … YOU PICKED A HIGH POP SERVER.

1 Like

It’s not the same at all actually, you cant just server hop on a whim to cheat spawn rates, gathering, kill rarespawns multiple times, exc…

Okay what are these “layers” y’all are talking about?

I play on a high pop realm and have no issues with this.

1 Like

Laughs in medium pop server

You seem not very bright. Retail servers back in wrath were rdy for more then 5k people of each faction on the same server.

One of us isn’t seeming very bright.

Stick to being a boring troll on Retail forums, thanks.

Am as are is.

Itst not the same at all implys that nothing at all is similar. Which you are wrong. I didnt say they were exact. By you pointimg out something that cant happen on one does not mean that ALL other things are not similar.

I go back to the biggest and most often used complaint about layers. That comolaint is that you may be in the same zone as other players ansd never see them. Which is the exact thing that is happeneing on seperate servers. And if i want access to those players or those nodes on those servers, all i have to do is create a new charcter in that server. The issues between seperate servers and layers are not idemtical but YES they are similar. So dont say “at all”. Its silly.

Just play retail. They fixed this thing in retail since MoP (I think). I don’t think you should complain if you play classic, because classic comes with all the cons too.

1 Like

while i don’t agree with his reasoning that he can’t do anything. i do agree with the sentiment about bringing back layers. #BringBackLayers.

I rolled onto my server about a year into vanilla wow back in the day. Been here since.

Megaservers shouldn’t exist. Blizzard shouldn’t care. Transfer.

2 Likes

Back in the day when wotlk first came out you had miners under the map. You can change chat to display when people are mining nodes. Found alot of bots under the map that way. Maybe they didn’t fix the issue?

The devs have actually stated that they didn’t want layers to affect the amount of resources that were available per server. For some absolutely stupid reason, they did let that happen. But now with reduced or possibly even removed layers, things are going back to the way they were officially intended to be.

High competition for gathering nodes, resources and questing objectives used to be one of the natural limiters for population growth, and thankfully, it’s looking like that will be a thing again.

1 Like

The relevant issue is not resources per server it’s resources per player. Layers do not really change resources per player.

And since blizzard allowed realm pops to go beyond the original design there’s no problem with layers. Other than blizzard being stingy and not wanting to pay for them, that’s they’re only issue with layers anything else they say is just gas lighting.

I understand and appreciate that resources per player is the metric that people who agree with layering want to focus on. But that’s kind of besides the point. Layering wasn’t introduced to increase individual access to gathering nodes. It was introduced to cull server performance degradation and to keep starting zones playable (as in, you can quest and level up) when Classic first launched.

That’s incorrect. I’m no mathematician, but we could distill this concept into a simple equation like:

• A = (N • L) / P
    Where A is individual access, N is gathering nodes, L is layers and P is the number of players on a server.

Suppose you have 1 layer with 100 gathering nodes and a total of 100 players. That means every player would have 1 gathering node to themselves. 1 = ( 100 • 1 ) / 100. If you were to increase the number of players (P), their individual access to gathering nodes is lessened, because those nodes are shared between all players 0.5 = (100 • 1) / 200.

Now, no matter how many players you have on a server, increasing the number of layers (L) will increase individual access to resources (N) because player population is distributed (albeit probably unevenly) across the layers. 1 = (100 • 10) / 1,000

The amount of resources available on a server is multiplied by the number of layers that are spun up. Players may not be distributed evenly across all layers (though they correct for this by manually layer-hopping), but layering is absolutely keeping resources artificially less scarce.

Two wrongs don’t make a right. And it also seems like the WoW team disagrees with you, since layers have been reduced or even removed.

Yeah but the the motivation for removing them is the question. They are lying that it is about population balance on servers. It costs them money to layer and money drives all decisions.