No one playing the Cavern Zone

Nobody likes being underground :thinking: Never understood why they are so infatuated with having so many caves, and mines in this game idk. I guess some of the devs are into spelunking irl :crazy_face:

1 Like

people care about diablo 4 wake up

I switched to tank to become my own solution to the problem.
Now my problem is there isn’t enough to do down there, I don’t want to play alts, wishing we were back on the daily reset thing.

1 Like

…then who tha bloody hell were all o’ those people that joined me fer a round of fightin’ an’ drinkin’ in Zaralek Cavern last night?

Really, I just stop by to do the Researchers Under Fire on a Tuesday and once I get my 1500 reputation with the moles (doncha’ know?) and any new dig maps done I’m out. :dracthyr_shrug:

I’m sure Tuesday will bring all the boys to the yard and my server is better than yours…

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

Open up group tool.
Select custom.
Look for a “ZM rares”.
See no group listed.
Check my map for any rares up.
See no rares up.
Log off.

Oh what’s that I hear you say? What about if there is a group? No worries. I got you covered:

Open up group tool.
Select custom.
Look for a “ZM rares”.
See a group listed.
Join said group.
Hop into groups shard.
Looks at map.
No rares up.

Oh. But why is the group still flying around you ask? Hmmmm. I wonder why that might be? :thinking:

Im not doing the rares anymore, i have like 15 Drake’s Shadowflame Crest , and i dont know what to do with them

1 Like

I’m there puttering around gathering and doing WQs from time to time. If I see someone call out a rare in chat, I’ll pop over to help out.

Last time it happened, I was the only one who showed up though. I managed to tank the rare with my pet, but the poor person I was trying to help left a carpet of bones behind from all the incidental damage he was taking.

Currently would be in caverns but some genius dev made it so you can’t use barter bricks passed 12 renown (turn into barter boulders 3 brick to 1 boulder)

So I’m completely locked out of caverns unless I am willing to burn 51 barter bricks (only need 4 more but the rocket surgeon devs put a hard cap on bricks for the week)

TLDR: Whoever thought up currency exchange in ZC should be fired.

D4 just released so … expect some vacancy.

4 Likes

Did a map with Myrrit, knocked out some WQs for rep, and that’s it. At least I know that they’ll be groups to take out the World Bosses on reset but doubt anyone will stick around for the rares.

If you’re renown 12, you won’t get brick drops anymore. You will only get boulders. You have no choice other than to convert your bricks to boulders and delete anything left over that is not a multiple of 3.

If you don’t finish the quest to talk to Ponzo at renown 12, you can still use bricks. I’m at renown 13 or 14, still using bricks–I just ignore the big question mark over Ponzo’s head and don’t pick the complete quest option when I talk to him.

2 Likes

Cause its the worst designed zone since Zereth Mortis. Utterly garbage design.

ESO Necrom also just release today so yeah, more vacancy. Loving the arcanist kamehameha beam <3

Boulders are about twice as valuable as bricks and you get them just as fast as you were getting bricks once you make the switch, so there’s no point putting off the switch unless you are in a very small limbo of being just barely short of being able to afford anything with a large stockpile of saved bricks.

(but why this system exists at all is a bit of a head-scratcher)

2 Likes

Once people pass a certain gear level the Caverns are a waste of time. If only the rares dropped better rewards.
Nah. Never happen.

That caverns are overtuned, not fun, too many unfun mechanics such as “You’re gonna be dismounted”, enemies are blobbed up in groups in most content there, enemies have way too much health/damage/mechanics for solo play unless you outgear the zone, and the World Quests aren’t rewarding at all.

No wonder everyone abandoned it.

The rares have too much health and take forever to kill.

Slash the rares’ health by 90% and people would do them.

Well as mainly a PvP player, I have zero reason to go there. There’s simply no incentive, as cool as the zone looks it’s a museum zone for me. If there was an increased drop rate for gathering nodes… maybe but then I’ve reached a point with with crafting (alchemy) where literally like 3 potions/phials are useful and the rest are hot garbage (hence nobody buys/sells them on the AH). Like the harder the recipes get, the worse the benefits.

I imagine most other professions are suffering from similar confused/ineffective design.

WoW is actually in a pretty terrible position right now, if the main issues aren’t addressed soon the IP will never recover and will be ontrack for an early sunset relative to other less successful MMOs.

1 Like