No One (Company) Can Get This Right So I Want To Try Again Here

I have received 4 extension cables for my stand-alone dvd player for my PC. What I need:

Female C to male A USB extension cable. All I want is more cable room than the 5 or so inches that comes out the beck of this player. I need to hook the female “C” to the back of the player and the A part to the A USB inputs on my PC. Just in back or right on top of my CPU.

But I have had to return 3 to Amazon and now one to Staples (store) who I was sure would know how to help me, but they told me this would work, got it home, and guess what. There was a C female to C male in the box.

Do they even make this cable? Does anyone know? And does anyone know of a better place for computer parts than NewEgg and Amazon?

Thanks

cable, maybe not. maybe this adapter with some other cable(s)?

Basesailor USB to USB C Adapter 2Pack,USBC Female to A Male OTG Charger Type C Converter

Found it on amazon.

1 Like

Thanks, Illystra

1 Like

Dunno how it compares on price, but I tend to go to monoprice for cables

2 Likes

Thank you, Tarrok. I’ll take a look. I don’t know if the cable doesn’t exist or if I’m the victim of sloppy product picker work times four.

I’ll stand for the general recommendation as they make solid cables, but missed that you were looking for the c end to be female. I’m seeing that with C at both ends, but looks like you’ll probably need an adaptor for one end to get that to work.

1 Like

Already ordered, and thanks again Tarrok and Illystra!

I guess that maybe that kind of cable is non-existent. No electrician, but if they did that would it fry my rig’s innards?

I think it’s just not that high of a demand for an extension converter. As long as it’s not wired wrong I would think anything that meets USB standards would fry anything

I was looking for a little convenience, really. As it is the cord with the player is so short one has to set the player on top of the CPU, because that’s (maybe) the only place it could reach the ports.

How many of us have a DVR rig like mine – are you able to work with it if you want to rip a cd? If you have the approximate same unit, you may find it’s easier to work with on top of the CPU, but I don’t.

Thanks, friends! My journey for the magic cable continues… :blush:

1 Like

Good luck!