No old world dragon riding in 10.1.5

I want DR everywhere. Old flight is painfully slow, and makes it difficult for me to enjoy doing old world content these days.

3 Likes

It would make running old world content really fun, zooming from raid to raid! Zoom Zoom Zoooom!

2 Likes

I think it’s just them testing the waters, work out kinks etc during that event per se and then when say, 10.2 or something releases or whatever they’ll officially release it for old world. I think this is going to be like a beta test for them but I may be wrong.

1 Like

Yeah heaven forbid people were given something fun and want more of it. Geez what nerve, right?

5 Likes

You’re right, my expectations of blizzard should be absolutely rock bottom. When I think, “Would they really make us slowly fly to a race, instantly change our mount to a DR mount to do the race, then instantly put us back on the slow mount to slowly fly to the next race?” I should come to the conclusion, “Of course they would.”

4 Likes

I just think you shouldn’t cast judgement about something that literally just hit the ptr and likely hasn’t even been fully implemented yet.

Blizzard snatching defeat from the jaws of victory . . . every time.

2 Likes

They have to raise all the sky ceilings and invisible walls they created in the past.

Do what? Blizz not say something, have players assume something and then get mad?

How is it a “rug pull?” Blizzard never said they were adding dragonriding to old world. People assumed.

You know what happens when we assume.

Bingo. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup, which is why I wrote that this ‘‘event’’ is a beta test for them. It’ll take a while before it’s ‘‘officially’’ released. I imagine they have spent some time dealing with that and/or are in the process.

2 Likes

Agreed. It will take a while before they can implement dragonriding in old world. Unless people want to fall through the world or get disconnected all the time. lol

Plus, we’ve got the barriers around Strat and whatnot to consider. Those will need a bit of an update so we can slam our dragons into invisible walls. :grin:

5 Likes

Ion has mentioned it will come to the whole game but no set date. So no, people were not assuming. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I remember he said they were thinking about it… but that’s still vague. People put a date on it because of the races. But you’re right, a date didn’t exist yet. I’m just saying we need to kind of rethink the “rug pull” thing. lol

:dracthyr_tea:

1 Like

For Blizzard to continue to screw-up an easy win.

Regardless of what they did or did not say about what was found on the PTR, continuing to be quiet about the exact future of either old flight or new flight - going on six months into this expansion, and with the stupid roadmap stuff where they still can’t tell us what they’re going to be doing - is a strategy that makes nobody happy.

3 Likes

So you want a solid date from them on when they’ll be able to make sure all ceilings are fixed, invisible walls are fixed, bugs in terrain are fixed, etc. throughout the entire game?

They don’t have dates for such things. This isn’t an easy process. You can’t just change a ceiling or a wall. That’s a superb amount of time, coding, testing, etc.

It’s a roadmap, not a specific list of everything with hard dates. Roadmaps are outlines, directions they want to take within a timeframe, but not with set date. That’s not possible.

YOU may not be happy, but a roadmap is all that can be done, given how you just cannot predict how things will go. I’m perfectly content with just a roadmap that I don’t take as gospel.

NA content creator interview has ion basically saying it is going to happen but that they are in the planning stage. This was back in April.

But yeah the rug pull thing is a tad of an exaggeration on this topic, I don’t blame people thinking that way though

Yeah, I know. :slight_smile: Maybe my wording is bad?

But that’s what I’m saying, there were no dates given and people saw races then just assumed. It’s a huge undertaking, like you said. So yeah, it’ll take more time.

If people are a little disappointed in their assumption, that’s understandable. But the whole “they lied, they’re pulling the rug, etc” that I’ve seen on it in places, where some are just spouting a lot of vitriol (not here) is overboard, imo.

1 Like

No, I want a plan, not a concrete date.

Do you want to have a conversation or just keep making up what you think I’m going to say?

I think an incomplete roadmap is a waste of time. And the lack of knowing what old and new flight are going to be doing is what makes no one happy, not the useless roadmap.

A teaser event that incorporates flight into the old world and then takes it away is going to annoy more people than it satisfies.

5 Likes

You got a plan, just not specifics. Roadmaps are just that: directions they want to take, but not specifics.

They honestly just can’t give those sort of specifics. There’s a lot to consider, a lot to do, time, marketing, finances, all of that which could change, etc.

We complain there’s no specifics, but then complain when they can’t hit a certain date or have to cancel, so not giving those specifics is the safest way.

… I don’t even know what this means or where it came from, but clearly you aren’t interested in a conversation yourself, so I won’t even continue. Have a nice day.

1 Like

I was being dramatic :slight_smile:

I’d love if we could fly across continents! Going straight from Kalimdor to Eastern Kingdom and flying over the maelstrom.

1 Like