[Main Thread] No npc dialogue - April 2023

For some reason all the npc voices stopped working. All other sounds are fine, I can also hear my own character talk. (Tell jokes etc) For instance, in dungeons I cant hear any bosses yell their lines, but I can hear then grunting when attacking. Dialogue IS enabled and at 60%. All other sound settings are on too, aside from music.
My output is the default. I tried swapping it but it didn’t help.

21 Likes

I have this problem, too. The game is very quiet now.

1 Like

are you using “bequiet” or some similar addon?

I am yes. But it never interfered with it before. I’ll try disabling it to see if thats it

Happening for me too. I never thought I’d miss Elisande’s or Gul’Dan’s hour long speeches before their fights. Tichondrius can stay muzzled as far as I’m concerned.

Oddly, the bosses in Antorus still talk during their encounters so I suppose it isn’t all NPCs (for me anyways). Haven’t nailed down exactly which specific NPCs it’s affecting.

Not using any sound modifying addons.

2 Likes

This is happening to both myself and my husband after 10.0.7. We tried it with all addons disabled and with them all enabled. It doesn’t matter - the NPC dialogue disappears after awhile. Can’t seem to figure out what’s causing it to happen either. We missed all the dialogue in one of the cutscenes in Forbidden Reach because of it. Thank god for subtitles!

1 Like

Well apparently it just started working again. If I click on an npc the city they actually talk now which they didn’t do before. Also dialogue for quests works again. I didnt touch anything. Weird

Still broken for me : / And now another weird thing is happening. I was in the vault on my female human, but when she took fall damage, it was the male sound clip…

I feel like they really messed up sounds in this patch XD

my ambience sound starting to get popping and crackling. i think they break something in the game audio.

I’m missing NPC and cutscene voices. Happened right after the patch. All other sound is fine, just the NPC dialog. It’s very strange

4 Likes

Im also having this issue since 10.0.7

1 Like

Same issue here, since 10.0.7. Except it’ll randomly cut out and come back again? For instance, Defier Draghar in Ruby Life Pools did his /y, but there was no audio. Immediately after, Melidrussa said her voice lines, and the audio was fine for the rest of the dungeon. In Uldaman, the Lost Dwarves had no audio with their lines during their fight, nor did Bromach, but by the time we got to Sentinel Talondras, everything was working fine again. Really strange. I didn’t reload or anything to trigger it, as that hasn’t been working. It just cuts out and comes back at random intervals.

[e]: Also forgot to mention, I actually had no idea the Forbidden Reach scenes with Ebyssian were voice acted, because none of them had any dialogue for me despite my dialogue sound being enabled. Really disappointing, that one.

1 Like

I am having this issue as well. I uninstalled all my addons and reinstalled and it seemed like it was working again, but eventually I lost it again… It returns everytime I quit and re-enter, but it eventually it goes…

Anybody find a fix to this? My friends are not having this issue.

same here. I need to exit the game and log again.

This is hapening for me too since tuesday. If i go into a dungeon like Halls of Valor, at the end on the RP of ing Skovald and Odin, they dont speak.
At the first boss and last boss of CoS, same, when he gonna take the potion and when u enter the last boss rp they Dont speak.

Blizzard wtf is going on!

5 Likes

anyone has any solution? I’m going insane with this issue

2 Likes

does anyone have a solution for this?

Try
No npc dialogue

Still broken after the maintenance. Tried the details fix, unfortunately the only way to fix this audio issue is to restart the game completely. What seems to happen/cause it is just entering any dungeon and then exiting it. All the dialogue turns itself off and there’s no way to fix it past restarting the game. But every other sound file seems to be working just fine except for clicking on npcs and their voicelines. Anyone have a fix on the US forums yet?

Edit 2: Doesn’t seem to be affecting older world stuff past m+ dungeons at the moment, will continue to update as i find out more about this.

1 Like

Same issue, also tried the details fix and no go.