Anyone else's in game dungeon voices no longer working?

I dont hear thundering… I dont hear boss NPCs like the boss in Azure Vault that says “Did she send you?!”

Its just all silence and its driving me crazy. Some guildmates have the same issue, others can still hear the voices.

3 Likes

Did you check setting and sound effects might be off ?

1 Like

I’ve been getting the same thing. I’ve fussed with in game settings, DBM and other addons, etc etc etc.

idk, idk, idk :frowning:

2 Likes

I have the exact opposite of your problem, for some reason the game keeps putting my ambient sound levels back to 60% every time i log in, i put it back to zero and it’s back to 60% the next time i log in, i play without these sounds normally and it’s driving me crazy.

1 Like

Nothing I do fixes it. They come back for a while sometimes.

2 Likes

Sumpins buggy it seems. I just took a look over in the bug forums, and don’t see anything mentioned with just a quick look-see.

idk… I get the feeling I’m going to have to bite the bullet and start really digging in to addons, to see if one of them is borking it all up.

did you check to make sure your headphone jack thing hasn’t become damaged in some way or it’s properly plugged in or that it’s set to the right sound output?

You gotta be trolling. If that were the case, we wouldn’t be hearing any sound at all. The only NPC sounds I hear from a lot of NPCs are death rattles.

i was responding to op who says he CAN’T HEAR ANYTHING.

Read his post again. The bug is specifically missing NPC sounds. A lot of us have it.

1 Like

I dont hear thundering… I dont hear boss NPCs like the boss in Azure Vault that says “Did she send you?!”

sure seems to me like he’s unable to hear anything at all.

I disabled all my addons. Still an issue. Dont think its that

2 Likes

Yes! I’m still looking for a solution

1 Like

Well, drat. Hhmm… idk.

I just logged in to game, and clicked off/on all the sound commands that I thought might be relevant. Idk if that worked yet or not, since I haven’t run a dungeon yet.

Something I did notice earlier, that I forgot - I was getting some voice from the first boss in Jade earlier when I ran a key in there. But, it wasn’t all of the ones he has. Same with the end boss Sha in that dungeon.

idk, weirdness. If I have to get up later tonight from coughing, I’ll poke at a few dungeons and see if I can fuss with things some more.

2 Likes

this is a bug. instances have been desyncing. Got this same thing in RLP yesterday, then we pulled the thunder aoe mobs, suddenly party wipe. We all took 4 ticks in less than a second.

3 Likes

i also have this issue… i thought i was going nuts because nobody else around me was having the issue. it’s just the dialog missing… it worked fine for a while then one day poof i lost it. i was unaware of things going on in dungeons it got me scuffed. crazy that people think we didnt try the. “dID YoU pLuG It In” “MaYbE YoU hIt A kEy” “ArE yOuRe HeAdPhOnEs On”… like ofc we tried that already lmao. we been searching day and night :D.

It’s a bug;

1 Like

This has been happening for a month for me too. I was hoping someone had a solution. I am having to read the text to figure out when the fight is going to start, and sometimes the boss dialogue gives you a head start on a mechanic before it happens.

Check your dialog settings. Make sure they aren’t disabled. Also DBM likes to mute talking heads. If you have that installed, it might be the culprit.

I worked out that worldquesttracker is causing this issue for me, disable the addon should solve it

1 Like