No New Allied Races in Dragonflight CONFIRMED!

Sure, maybe. My point isnt so much they dont deserve it. My point is all the best mogs are designed then thrown behind mythic raod bosses.

But we need content that takes serious time investment where you can get some really nice mogs and mounts because currently it doesnt exist. All you have in SL for example is lame looking quest rewards and dungeon drop mogs which are always designed very basic to make raiders feel rewarded for their mogs.

Covenant mogs were a step in the right direction but needed way cooler versions and require more than just a boring currency grind. Maybe first set is currency grind and 2 or 3 sets after that are gated behind actual epic content and quest lines. And add a new set every patch just like tier!

Do you think legion did this system well?

I think the class halls and artifact appearance unlocks were a good start but could be expanded on much, much more in depth

Sounds like a load of crap. I can understand why Shadowlands races arenā€™t playable, but itā€™s a bit irresponsible to come up with a new system for introducing playable races, have the majority of the first ten be model hacks or straight-up retextures of existing races, and then hesitate to do anything with it going forward. Especially in the expansion thatā€™s removing male and female labels and would allow the devs to throw out their ā€œall playable races have male and female optionsā€ policy, letting the art team do less work. The tradeoff is no threads here demanding races to be specifically Alliance, Horde, or neutral, or to have one or two certain classes.

Of course, he did say

so maybe the situation will change in 10.1 or later if people make enough noise.

1 Like

TBO I doubt we will see allied races in the future
it was alot of work and for the most part ppl play a few of the classes
it was an experiment like the garrison

Drakonid and Furbolg would be amazing for the alliance.

2 Likes

Allied races are also a mixed bag. Overall, I donā€™t think they were handled that well in BFA.

They were wildly unbalanced in terms of popularity. It wouldnā€™t surprise me if there are 10 times as many Vulpera and Void Elves as all other allied races combined.

Key words:

ā€œcurrently plannedā€

Let that rattle around in your brain pan for a while and get back to us.

Housing isnā€™t ā€œcurrently plannedā€ either, but Iā€™m sure the fact that they havenā€™t ruled it out entirely (which they never do for anything) means that itā€™s right around the corner!

This expansion is the perfect time to introduce tuskarr as a playable race. They went through all that work to update their models, including implementing female and children tuskarr NPCs, only to still not make them a playable race? That would be disappointing

THANK YOU. Iā€™m tired of allied races being added as ā€œcontentā€. We donā€™t need 50 races in WoW copy/paste of another.

Disagree. They need to make all races that have allied with our factions playable in some form. They can be lazy, like Sand Trolls or Wildhammer. Or they can go full bore, like Zandalari and Vulpera. But they need to be playable.

2 Likes

Waste of dev time and resources.

For you, personally.

Eredar would never get any playtime out of me. But I would rejoice for the people their being playable made happy.

5 Likes

Honestly, this is probably an unpopular opinion, but Iā€™m actually okay with this because I want Blizzard to fully commit to the ideas behind Dracthyr. My hope is that what they learn from Dracthyr will be implemented quicker for other races (such as highlights, various other customization options like body types, more high quality customizations, game mechanic ideas, etc) if they donā€™t have other things distracting them like churning out allied races throughout the expansion.

In my mind, Dracthyr are one hell of an investment, and an experiment. I want dracthyr to succeed to Blizzard will be more adventurous with ideas surrounding character customization and mechanics going forward.

2 Likes

Dang, I really wanted Stonemaul Ogres, Revantusk Forest Trolls, Mokā€™Nathal, or Dire Trolls.

Hopefully Treant form gets updated with more polys and barber shop color options.

2 Likes

Treant form does get an update.

1 Like

Good. Allied races were a mistake.

They should focus on either new races or more customizations for existing ones.

Dark Iron did not have to be a ā€œraceā€, neither did HMT or KT, etc.

2 Likes

Agree with the above, Allied Races are a mistake bloating the character selection screen. All shouldā€™ve been customisation options for the existing core races.

Firstly how you forget to mention Shamans as a class is insane for Tuskarr, also in WC3 they had Tuskarr Sorcerers which was a pseudo Mage/Priest, which also opens those classes to them, DKs are a given since widely available to every race and you know they are in Northrend so no a far stretch to say some were raised.

Warrior, Hunters, Shamans, Mage, Priests and DeathKnights are a given and now with rogue going to every class you can add that aswell.

I was dissapointed greatly to hear they not available on launch but Ion is right the focus should be on Dracythr, but Iā€™ve got a glimmer of hope perhaps in future patchā€™s Tuskarr become playable, itā€™s too early to tell but it seems that they are involved in Dragonflight so itā€™s still a possibility when the time is right.

What Iā€™m mostly shocked is how they went full out on customisations on Dracthyr and subsequently all other races, be it Core or Allied didnā€™t receive any love whatā€™s so ever.

Shadowlands people praised the customisations given with high regards, Dragonflight Alpha people are praising the customisations on Dracythr being so great, you will hardly if ever find two Dracythr be exactly alikeā€¦

Why they donā€™t add more to other races is a shame, hopefully more do come in future and we donā€™t have to wait too long.

But back to Future Allied Races, while some dislike it, I love it, I love the variety and diversity WoW brings with races, the more the merrier I feel itā€™s great that theirs a race out their for everyone be it as popular or unpopular they are it sets us apart from other MMOs, like look at FF14, I love that game to death, but my biggest hate is character choice, itā€™s so limiting.

2 Likes