No more physical authenticators?

Ok so what do those of us without mobile phones do? I don’t have a phone that supports apps and such. I cant afford one. So what the hell am I supposed to do when my physical one quits working?

7 Likes
37 Likes

literally costs 50 dollars for a decent used phone,…if you can pay for a PC and sub. I confused.

10 Likes

They were eventually going to stop making them, it is an old technology and the mobile version is just easier (after all they don’t have to produce a physical product). I still have two mobile authenticators but I tend to use the phone app all the time anyways. If it dies, you can contact them to have to removed but I believe you need the id code on the back of it.

2 Likes

If you’re in Dallas/Fort Worth Metro in Texas, I can probably fix it for you.

3 Likes

What are you supposed to do when your physical authenticator breaks or you lose it?

What are those of us without physical authenticators supposed to do?

1 Like

I don’t believe it is an app, bu a six digit code texted to your phone to login. Just need to register your phone number to set it up. As long as you can receive texts you should be good to go.

2 Likes

That is one form of mobile authentication they use. They also have the app based.

Ah, either way should work then right?

Yes. As far as I know.

The PC I use was purchased in 2014 from Wal-Mart as a gift to me. I pay for my sub with gold earned in game. I’m glad you are lucky enough to have $50 to buy a phone. Some of us arent so blessed.

5 Likes

If you don’t have a phone or physical authenticator, you need a great password. Hope you didn’t like your 4 extra backpack slots.

No, it’s an app.

The Blizzard authenticator and SMS Protect are two totally different things.

You can use SMS instead of the Authenticator if you don’t have access to the device.

Couldn’t you use an android emulator (on your pc), and then use the App through it?

4 Likes

Thank you lol I’m in NW Arkansas though. :slight_smile:

Physical authenticators are gone? But I still have two more ready to use from Blizzcon. :octopus:

I bet a used iPad or touch would run in without a data plan. Just WiFi connection

Indeed, physical authenticators are no more.

I m on a phone plan with my mom got a moto 5 I think that is what it is. We are on google fi. I pay her 30 bucks a month.