No Longer Need To Cast Slice And Dice!

Guys it’s happening!!!

9 Likes

A nice change but not really the big pressing issue with the class at the moment.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

9 Likes

None the less we have been asking for this change for AGES.

4 Likes

The other positive changes so far is Crackshot refreshes the CD of BTE when entering stealth. And Thistle Tea actually may be useful now.

Soothing Darkness nerf for Shadow Dance as it no longer works in tandem, and also Inv Shadow dustwas removed from Sub. Sub is going to be rebalanced based on those two changes.

The double charges of Shadow Step/Grapple is good and bad. When grapple works having two charges is good but when it bugs out having Shadow Step access was a backup ace. Now that is no more so that is a nice buff for Assassination IMO.

5 Likes

Indeed, it’s nice that it will auto use it might be weird if it still gives Mastery in the live version.

Also Keep it Rolling is down to 6 minutes from 7 minutes now but I think it should be at 5 minutes to make the most sense but I think BlizZard wants to see how the spec performs with a 6 minute CD of KIR first before moving it down to 5 minutes.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

3 Likes

SUB LOST CDR??? LOL. We are so cooked.

2 Likes

I think there may be more changes planned because it feels incomplete with the changes they have projected so far.

5 Likes

Yup! Hopefully some more Deathstalker changes.

2 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see what shakes out.

I hate to say this but rogue may gain standing just based on some nerfs, which would be bad b/c then the devs may not address some of the other things.

It would be nice if Assassination’s Crimson Tempest gave 1/2 the energy regen that Garrote/Rupture do and also triggered Caustic Spatter.

Remove the cap from Blade Flurry or bring it up to 70% damage.

They’re going the wrong way with sub as well I think. I’d rather have seen buffs to all the base abilities and no extra stacks of Symbols but this is the direction they want to go in, big cd stacking mess. Just made less effective with Shadowdust nerf for the moment.

2 Likes

It also seems like they completely ignored Trickster entirely, as well and failed to address or acknowledge any of the bugs.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t want these changes going live if everything is still bugged as it is now. It’ll feel twice as bad to have crackshot cease to function or flop onto CD two seconds after a refresh.

Plus the shadowstep removal from OL. I dislike that. Shadowstep was way more reliable in content than grapple as far as actually weaving into a combat rotation was. Now we have to risk the grapple just breaking twice and having to walk to the mob and look stupid in the process.

2 Likes

We did it Kings.

2 Likes

Meh, having Tempest give caustic would be insanely broken. Sin is already good enough in dungeons

Exactly. This really didn’t matter to anyone except a really noisy minority.

1 Like

i assume you are referring to the issues of having bad icons for reprimand and flag? Don’t worry they actually fixed that too!

Losing Shadowstep is pretty meh. Shadowstep / Kick macros have felt really invaluable since the loss of acrobatic strikes.

And what did nerfing range even achieve except making playing a melee feel more msierable? That they can increase the impact of swirly and run out mechanics which everyone is sick of the over abundance of anyway? Great. Awesome.

Precise Cuts buff is absolutely worthless since no one takes it any more.

BtE change is okay, but doesn’t fix the issue… This doesn’t fix when BtE is going on CD as an opener from stealth. Band-aid solution to a bug they clearly can’t figure out.

3 Likes

Why not just remove it

2 Likes

I don’t disagree, however we said that all beta how’d that go. The issue here is they’ve shown they are still heavily working on everything they were working on in beta still. Doesn’t really point in a good direction.

2 Likes

Just a humble reminder that almost 10 years ago Rogues learned a Draenor perk that made Slice and Dice completely passive. fft

2 Likes

This change alone has moved my rogue up the alt list significantly! I like this compromise… it’s a nice balance of the hardcore must have a million buttons and the normal people that just want that rogue fantasy,