No longer able to log in to Battle.net

I am no longer able to log into WOW because I can not connect to battle.net. I get the following error:
“Connecting… Attempting to reconnect - We couldn’t log you in to Battle.net. While you are offline, friends & chat will be unavailable, and you will have to log in when playing games or accessing acount management.”

It started a few days ago after I updated Windows. I tried system restore to before update and it did not fix so not sure if it is the cause anyway. I tried the suggestions from the article linked below:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/116234

I have tried:

1. resetting my network devices.
  2. resetting my firewall
  3. resetting my hosts file
  4. uninstalling and reinstalling the battle.net desktop app
  5. using system restore to go back to before Windows update
  6. opening a support ticket just to have them close it without help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You are posting here … You are in battle.net , but try clicking on the big blue BLIZZARD on the forum. That might nudge the system…
Then click the icon on top… Should ask for you to log in…at the bottom of the menu.

Good luck.

Hi Misohorne

Looking this over I don’t see this step:

Blizzard Support - Deleting Battle.net Files

Did you try that?

Hello thanks for the response. I did and still am unable to log in. Now I get the error

BLZBNTBGS80000011

I googled it and followed those directions as well
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/13875?flowTrackingId=0fec219e-1ef9-4ffa-bfa8-63f531d6d606

I also tried some workarounds I read about in other topics like trying to login using Google account directly but still nothing.

Edit: Responded in Bnet forum.

Hi again Misohorne.

You may have noticed there has been antivirus issues on the forum as of late. What antivirus are you using there? Simply disabling them often does work - they may need to be uninstalled - many have a vendor uninstall tool for that.

Can you also pastebin a DXDiag report. Type dxdiag in the Run box - let the tool load (has a loading bar). Then copy that using the save feature along the bottom.

Dxdiag
pastebin /VpgZexDe

There is a very similar error code on the Mac forum that has a thread for this and I am wondering if you are on A pc or mac?
I am wondering if this is a similar issue to the mac issue, whereby they found a bad battle.net folder in the users / shared folder?

I do not know what would be the PC windows equivalent to this issue offhand, but it is very close to what some macs are experiencing

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.