No Listed end date for plunderstorm makes the grind extra stressful

Maybe if we had any idea of how long this event was actually supposed to last for it wouldn’t seem like such a daunting task to get to renown lvl 40. But as it stands, an hour a day for a month and a half seems like it would be required to get to max. Not having an end date for plunderstorm makes every single game i have to play trying to get to renown 40 seem that much more painful. Its bad enough half of the rewards don’t seem to work properly, which is wild considering how awful this mode is for people who dont like battle royale nonsense. But 40-50 hours worth of dedicated time to earn all rewards from a game mode we dont actually know the end for is just insulting and gross. Good job keeping this awesome patch for DRAGONFLIGHT a secret. Cant even claim my retail rewards and yet this was a retail patch. Sweet.

16 Likes

Wonderful example of how to have your post removed.

1 Like

Agree about not knowing the end date although I am beginning to think the much talked about (but not proven) 6 weeks is accurate. Not sure which rewards aren’t working for you. All of mine do but I am only Renown 15.

I would say just keep your eye on the prize and you got this!

p.s. I already know you are a winner because you edited your post so it wouldn’t get you banned. Take Plunderstorm a little every day so it doesn’t get to you so bad, my friend. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, but it kinda makes it feel all that much better when you do hit 40.

Yeah, I could see that. I’m either renown 26 or 27 so far, and it’ll be awesome to be done with it. It’s just unfortunate for people who are already stressed out due to the nature of the game mode itself to also feel like they’re being FOMO’d into playing it more then they would like. As a big fan of One Piece I sort of feel like I’m required to get these rewards. lol I understand that’s no one elses problem but mine, but I cant be the only one who wants these rewards but feels extra stressed due to not knowing an actual end we can plan towards.

P.S. I would also love it if my Pepe was ever summoned with the plunder outfit but it doesn’t seem to work.

7 Likes

Not gonna lie I have the same bug too It seem like There bug going with Pepe, Best to report a bug or get ticket to let them know case I too can’t find my pepe both in game lobby and in retail.

1 Like

I agree, its not fun to farm out a huge renown grind for a limited time event. This is especially true if you do not enjoy the mode.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to be mean, I’m just curious. When did FOMO become the driving factor behind people playing games? It seems like it would cause a spiral of playing a game you don’t enjoy just to get rewards.

If there’s a reward I like in a game but I don’t have fun playing to get it, I just won’t get it. Maybe it’s because I’m a little older and have more going on in my life than what I have in a video game, though I don’t think I’m that old for the average WoW player. Last I checked, you’re supposed to play games because you enjoy them and that applies even more so for games you’re paying to play.

4 Likes

I think it has a lot to do with mobile games and the introduction of micro transactions into games like this. GACHA games in particular pray on people who let fomo drive their actions. A limited time event with no specified end that has desired rewards in game that won’t be made available through other means in the future feels like it’s built to take advantage of this mindset. Like I said earlier, it’s no ones problem but my own that I want the rewards. I just think they’re asking a lot to obtain those rewards considering we don’t know when it’ll end.

4 Likes

We don’t know if this is true though. Maybe not these exact colors, but considering we already know about recolors, they’ll probably be added in the future.

idk, I just don’t see the point in doing something that’s supposed to be fun if it’s not actually fun. I’ve never understood FOMO in games, it just seems like a polite way of saying addicted.

Editing because I want to say I do think it’s scummy for Blizz to not put a release date out. They should let people plan and portion their time properly. Fwiw, I started this tuesday and finished the grind a couple of hours ago with a total of about 8-9 hours playtime. I’m guessing the event will be able a few more weeks at least, so I wouldn’t stress too much. It’s easily doable if you just play half an hour a day.

1 Like

I’m just gonna do my one plunderstorm a day with the bonus from now until we’re given a timer on the end of the event. I assume we will be given an end date at least two weeks before it’s over. Hopefully I can get from 27-40 without much extra effort beyond that from here on out.

Also, addiction is a real thing for a lot of people. I know I personally struggle with moderation and the like quite a bit. If I wasn’t at least borderline addicted I likely wouldn’t have made a post like this. I should probably go for more walks…

(I’m the OP by the way… idk why a chr I haven’t played in years was my chr I was using to post these with…)

3 Likes

This definitely feels like the healthiest way to play if you don’t enjoy the game mode. Also if I had to wager, I’d bet they’re going to give massive plunder gain buffs in the last week for anyone that’s lagging behind. Once it’s over, the people that hate the mode but are grinding nonstop are probably going to regret they didn’t just play it casually.

Hey at least you recognize it lol. A lot of people are in denial. I know there was a point I would have been called addicted to WoW too, but I was addicted because I was having so much fun playing. I just can’t wrap my head around playing a game (or game mode in this case) for rewards instead of fun.

Also walks are good, would recommend. :smiley: Right now my allergies are going crazy though lol

1 Like

It’s very simple. Transmog has been out for what? ten or twelve years? Longer? Point being, since transmog became a thing, the vast majority of players have wanted a truly good pirate set. For over a decade, we’ve been asking for one.

Finally we get one, and it is gatekept behind Plunderstorm. So yes, we may hate the game, but the grind is doable (and hell, if you get in a lobby with very few PvPers, the game is actually really fun) and we will do it for this set that we have, again, waited over a decade for.

I have mine, and I’m in the process of putting it on every single toon I have. By far, the best looking tmog set in the history of WoW.

4 Likes

I can’t help but feel like the recent rise in popularity of One Piece (especially here in the west) made this a pretty ample time to run an event with rewards like this. I need my Gold Roger tmog set.

1 Like

May 14th. ***

https://blizzardwatch.com/2024/03/20/wow-plunderstorm-end-date/

*** = I think

1 Like

Like I said, I just don’t understand this mindset. If I don’t have fun playing a game, I’m never going to do it for some reward.

This is pretty subjective. I think it’s one of the ugliest sets in recent memory lol. I like the low level mogs it gives more than the Plunderlord set. The thing I was most excited to get was the very first fish pet it gives.

I’ve been following OP since the nineties(dating myself here and calling myself out as a weeb >_>) and I still don’t like the set lol

Maybe the next Plunderstorm season will award an Ace hat so I have a reward I actually like. :stuck_out_tongue:

Editing to say…you know I was joking about the hat but with Blizz doing anime collabs in OW2, it’s not impossible that it would happen

1 Like

I grew up in the 90’s as well. Though I somehow dodged the 4kids version of the series. Been current since the beginning of Dressrosa in the manga and it’s been my favorite piece of media since.

Ace hat would be “fire” >_>

Once you’ve gotten used to gathering plunder quickly, knowing the map and chest spawn spots and a good starting strat to maximize your character and skill levels, the renown starts to flow really quickly.

3 Likes

It really and truly only gets better the longer it goes on. I was lucky enough to get hooked not long after it initially debuted in Japan because my FIL (who was just “my friend’s dad” at the time I was a kid in the 90s lol) used to bring us back stuff from Japan when he would go over there.

lol

Honestly having the Plunderstorm sets each season be themed after major One Piece characters would be amazing (10/10 best update Blizz ever made), but most probably aren’t “piratey” enough for the average WoW player to appreciate.

1 Like

I’d be plunderstorming nonstop without complaint if this happened…

1 Like