No LFD - what a joke

Yeah the data on how to wring as much money out of the player base as possible while making the game worse and having people like you do their dirty work for them by defending it.

You do this in every thread. It’s you vs. 20 people in every thread and you still don’t see that you are the minority. We will see what happens but you are defending a horrible and unethical decision by a giant corporation who only cares about money.

2 Likes

Every time there’s been a blizzard poll, whether I got it or not, someone has linked the poll on the forum. You can read the poll on wowhead or reddit or somewhere. I have never seen a poll with a question on the RDF. Have you seen one? With out a blizzard poll they have no data on what the classic players want. They likely still have the data on how many people used the lfd in wrath and how often but they’re only guessing on what classic players today want and how they feel about it.

Assigning animus and smearing right off the bat. You’re doing your position on this a disservice by acting like a petulant child. Nobody is ever going to take that kind of feedback and nobody ever should.

I don’t see you in threads about the people that actually need help that play on lowpop servers. I’m in every thread about it that I see advocating for something that would actually save people money - which is free transfers and merging. Those same threads where people like you say nothing while sitting in LFG threads advocating for your time saving tool using lowpop/dead servers as a shield while saying nothing to fix their dead economy/raid scene. I couldn’t agree more blizzard couldn’t care less about anything byt money, which is why I advocate for real solutions that save folks like those instead of LFD.

Yeah as I said I think there’s an internal discussion over polling from Blizzard about what the classic audience of players wants that has to be divorced from what retail players want from obvious reasons. I don’t pretend to have all the answers and know what the majority wants, but I do sometimes mimic the logic of the “majority wants it” players by saying the same thing with just as little evidence of my own.

But its not the same thing at all. You keep making reference to internal information you’re not privy to alluding to a silent majority Who agrees with your viewpoint. The other side has clearly shown more support int he forums on twitter the facebook page and here in the official forums.

RDF helps small pop server people more than anyone. Don’t be a hypocrite. I don’t even know what would posses you to bring that up. It’s literally an argument FOR RDF.

2 Likes

As I said, often during these discussions people constantly pull out definitive majorities of their own based on almost no evidence. Often the only time we move along from that argument is when you just do the same thing and it’s a stalemate.

A necessity for low to mid pop servers would be an actual fix to low server populations like merging or free xfers. The reason low pop servers are in this mess is because of failed retail game design allowing megaservers. Then allowing transfers, then even adding layering to megaservers to remove queues.

LFG is just adding another layer of bad game design to fix the problem. it wont fix your servers economy, it wont fix their guilds or their raid scene. All it will do is let you access 5man faceroll content easier. If you want to really improve things for their server, ask for merges and xfers instead of LFG. If you aren’t doing this stop using smallpop servers as a convenient argument. You don’t care about them and are just pretending to do so for the sake of getting the system you want.

Again that simply isn’t true to anyone who can use simple addition. Your just upset the facts don’t help or bolster your position.

2 Likes

They don’t bolster either of our positions. There’s no definitive evidence on either side to suggest there’s a majority. I just want to move beyond people demanding it on that basis, which is what happens in every single LFD thread.

Perhaps you have some issues with simple math. I can suggest a tutor.

I’m a mechanical Engineer. I’m well aware of sample sizing and how it works. As far as I am aware of there is almost no qualifiers to vote on any poll made so far, typically on channels heavily pro LFD or change related content where they are obviously skewed. The one that was up can be voted on multiple times by the same people no problems. People do not go out and look for polls on things where they already got where they wanted. Not to mention the entire discussion is moot given that they don’t want a poll where retail tourists decide what classic players will have in their game. The only poll I have seen is 0.12% of the WoW classic population worth of votes on a obscure channel about boosting, store mounts and WoTLKC.

There are some from both sides that claim a majority in every thread. But there are lots of arguments from people who know enough about statistics and data that know there’s insufficient data to make the claim and don’t mention it

Just check out the devs on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/brianbirming?lang=en

They aren’t even trying hard to hide their gaslighting the community on RDF. It’s all about selling more boosts to whales. They’re probably hoping they can squeeze just enough boosts early on then add it in later when subs drop as a bargaining chip. Dishonest and outright hostile company towards their customers. If they continue on course I say take your money elsewhere. Join a private server.

There is a majority.

You arent it.

Great input, now provide definitive evidence of your majority or stop fantasizing about it.

The very forums you post on is part of the evidence.

1 Like

woot I get to tank and take all the greens and blues to DE for myself. Or i guess group can keep spamming for tank.

1 Like

Forums are not definitive evidence of a majority. <1k people even post here almost always to post outrage. Ironically I remember P2 nerfs people said the same thing followed by immediate backlash for doing it. That’s a low IQ take.

Dont forget to also charge them 50g for the social aspect of you being there.

1 Like

There wouldnt be any outside data you would ever accept and we all know it.

You want to be proven wrong, where was blizzards data?

Did you get a poll? I didnt get 1 in my inbox about RDF, where is their data?

Pretty easy to see the trend that is currently going on in Social Media regarding the "NO RDF’ announcement along with the forums in an uproar and Youtube videos about it also being the wrong choice.

You may not accept that youre in the minority, but you are.

So no definitive evidence? I saw those goalposts move really fast.

So now whataboutism

Once again people outraged talk more than those that aren’t. This isn’t new or meaningful

You may not accept you have nothing to back that up, but you don’t.

1 Like