No Kul Tiran Mages?

Look, I'm not one of those people to get my robe in a twist every time Blizzard does something I don't agree with.

But COME ON, man! No Kul Tiran Mages? Setting aside that one of your most IMPORTANT lore characters is a mage from Kul Tiras, you LITERALLY have an entire faction of spellcasters in the Tidesages whom are Kul Tiran. I GUESS that's why Kul Tirans can be Shamans, but I STILL attest that the Tidesages are as much mages as they are shamans.

...I really wanted to race change to a chunky boi.
Tide sages are mages, they have more mage powers than shammy stuff. I agree 100% stupid no mages in Kul'Tiras, but their whole lore and power comes from their super mage leaders summoning fleets of ships.
11/02/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Leisurelee
Setting aside that one of your most IMPORTANT lore characters is a mage from Kul Tiras

She was a young girl from kul tiras but a mage from dalaran.
It amazes me the amount of people that don't understand lore and will complain about how things don't make sense...
i mean, kul tirans probably aren't too fond of mages because of jaina
Er...

The Kul Tiran boss in Dazar'alor is a Fire mage.
11/02/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Mergo
It amazes me the amount of people that don't understand lore and will complain about how things don't make sense...

did all those ashvane mages go to school with jaina?
11/02/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Bigbopper

did all those ashvane mages go to school with jaina?

Oh damn, I completely forgot about the Ashvane mages.

Even more reason to give Kul Tirans mages.
There is a WQ where you have to kill an escaped Kul Tiran fire mage. _____ Black maybe? I forget.
Look, I'm not one of those people to get my robe in a twist every time Blizzard does something I don't agree with.

But COME ON, man! No Kul Tiran Mages? Setting aside that one of your most IMPORTANT lore characters is a mage from Kul Tiras, you LITERALLY have an entire faction of spellcasters in the Tidesages whom are Kul Tiran. I GUESS that's why Kul Tirans can be Shamans, but I STILL attest that the Tidesages are as much mages as they are shamans.

Actually it makes complete sense from a lore perspective, because Jaina is a Dalaran Mage.

Which suggests the Kirin Tor do not have schools for magic. Tidesages are essentially a different beast.
11/02/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Mercredis
There is a WQ where you have to kill an escaped Kul Tiran fire mage. _____ Black maybe? I forget.

Adara White, Slayer of Noobs.

1. Multiple humans and even high elves went to Dalaran to learn. I guess blizzard should remove mages from Blood elves now.

2. Several trash mobs from Kul'tiras are mages, or mages in essence. The 3rd boss in Tol'Dagor is a fire mage, like come on mate. (https://www.wowhead.com/npc=130646/knight-captain-valyri#encounter)

I guess you don't know the lore.
11/02/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Infernastorm
11/02/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Mercredis

Adara White, Slayer of Noobs.

Ha ha. I knew there was a color in there somewhere.
11/02/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Alisiaa

Actually it makes complete sense from a lore perspective, because Jaina is a Dalaran Mage.

Which suggests the Kirin Tor do not have schools for magic. Tidesages are essentially a different beast.

I'll grant you that.

That said, it IS important to note that the different races for different classes are not always strictly the same.

Druids are a great example. Sure, the Tauren and Night Elf druids are very similar, but all the others are actually very different. Worgen Druids are because of the druidic curse from the Pack Form. Troll druids draw their power from the Loa. Zandalari are Dinomancers. Kul Tirans use Drust magic.

Warriors are barbarians, knights, swordsmen, and so on from various sources and races. Assassins, cutpurses, and pirates all fall under the "rogue" title. Tauren Priests pray to their earth mother, but the Draenei follow the Naaru, Forsaken follow the Cult of the Forgotten Shadows, and so on.

Even mages have very different origins depending on race. Sure, most humans and undead were, at some point, members of Dalaran. But Night Elf mages are, essentially, exiled Highborne. Nightborne go without saying. Pandaren mages have their own teachings, separate from Dalaran. Arcane magic was very important to ancient Draenei culture.

You say that Kul Tirans don't have their own schools for magic. Well... what would you call the Tidesages, if not a school for magic?

Yes, I really wanted to look at you with my Gnomish X-Ray specs as a chunky boi.
Meanwhile Zandalari can be paladins. K.

If I had to guess they didn't want mages to have the racial.
I find it very weird that Kul Tirans can't be mages or pallys.
Notice we kill of all the Kul Tiran mages though during quests?
Kind of an odd choice, given that every Tidesage we meet in the game is wearing cloth.
11/02/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Lavinnelly
i mean, kul tirans probably aren't too fond of mages because of jaina

This makes far more sense than 'there aren't any.'