No gem socket on crafted 262 belt?

My vault sucked again. Thought I’d use my fail coins to buy a gem socket and add one on my belt. I’m using a crafted 262 one.

But… I can’t! What gives? Is this working as intended, or an oversight?

What’s weird is crafted 262 necks and rings come with gem sockets.

I know it’s only 16 versatility, but hey 16 > 0.

1 Like

The boolean is true. :slight_smile:

You need to read what you buy:

I see nothing in the description that says can’t add it to crafted gear. Is 262 crafted in season 3? It also says belts!

It has to specifically be a season 3 item. Crafted gear isn’t season gear.

Wasn’t the 262 plans released with ZM reputation unlocks in season 3? Where does it say it’s not season 3?

This isn’t rocket science. This item works on raid gear (including items from the World boss and items converted though the Creation Catalyst), PvP gear and M+ gear.

It’s group content gear from drops or season vendor or vault.

The thing is crafted gear base is still season one gear, the upgrade item plans were added in season 3.

1 Like

Ahh, see but it does work on cypher gear dropped in ZM. My 252 ring is an example where I put one on it. So it’s not just group gear.

If the caveat is “crafted gear isn’t seasonal” then I wonder if I can add a gem socket from a previous season. :thinking: if I can even remember who sells them.

I still think this is an oversight. It makes no sense to be blacklisted.

If the item is still around, it would likely be on Ve’nari., or if it is season to, possibly a vendor in Korthia

262 was introduced in Season 2.

Unfortunately, they deleted the Korthia socket, which I don’t believe worked on crafted gear either. But I might be wrong.

I’m sorry you got screwed out of your socket, though. Maybe you’ll get a new upgrade you can use it on soon.

I don’t remember being able to buy a crafted 262 prior to 9.2.

1 Like

Was there another recipe? This is the one I’m talking about, from The Enlightened vendor.

We’re talking about the legendary that is crafted with a level 4 base item plus the Korthia rep token to add 2 levels aren’t we?

Uh, if the legendary slot can have a gem slot, it tends to be crafted with such already on.

1 Like

Buggers. I guess I can switch to a 262 crafted ring, which comes with a socket, and just get a 252 cypher belt or raid drop. Shrug. Then I can use it in that.

That’s what I thought too, that the 262 version should have a socket already.

But the OP might have bought a crafted belt, not a legendary base, item to use.

The legendaries do come with sockets. But the 262 “blue” belt apparently doesn’t. I wonder if the wrists do… :thinking: