No Focus Unit = Unsubscribing 2nd Account

Um… how do you not comprehend that this is the point of the thread? Please stop shouting like a crazy person.

The thread was made so that during Beta they could revert the changes they had already made and allow focus back in. So yes, I TOTALLY get that its beta still.

I literally swear since this is an issue dear to me, that when I was in the latest stress test, this wasn’t possible, and I intentionally tested.

And that is why I made this thread now, not 3 months from now. You seem to be completely ignoring the concept that this is a request to change OR a declaration that I will cancel the account.

Causality changes when the situation changes. If you don’t do X, I won’t do Y. If you do X, I will do Y.

Looking at the current Interface/FrameXML/Bindings.xml you’ll find this in it. This hasn’t changed since the first Classic build went on the CDN:

<!--<Binding name="FOCUSTARGET" category="BINDING_HEADER_TARGETING">
		FocusUnit("target");
	</Binding>
	<Binding name="TARGETFOCUS" category="BINDING_HEADER_TARGETING">
		TargetUnit("focus");
	</Binding>-->

Everything between <!-- and --> is commented out code.

I can find all the other removal elements too if you want.

Focus is not present in the current system.

Ok, it could’ve been possible on the first stress test server. They may have removed it on the second one, but again, vague memories.

SO you are saying that the “GM commands” (that you guys/girls call it) were available to player back then, but aren’t there in the beta?

Well, you gotta wait patiently like everyone, but ut sure doesn’t do any harm to remind the devs/blizzard about anything that was part of Vanilla back then and should be in classic.

Can you not do (for the time behind) like a macro for your secodn account to jsut target the target of the main account? It shouldn’t be complicated(but who i am to say such things, since i never multiboxed nor played vanilla and don’t know if it’s possible in the first place or not)

On another side, i wonder how those “commands” were found in the first place. (the “GM commands” focus macro)

Edit: i saw your edit and reading it actually.

Edit 2: So they need to add it back in it then. But i’m sure there is more urgent problem than this. If not, you can always ask some people that are on the beta or stress test server to test those command each day… who know if they wll come back soon or later, or not at all.

Boxing dungeons without the old macro system is going to be anything but simple.

It has been gone since the Employee Alpha.

Wut? That was a random person’s crazy ramblings attempting to draw a comparison between insanity and reality. GM commands have nothing to do with any of this.

Not in combat when the target player is not in your party.

None of these were GM commands.

ignore the “GM” portion, and jsut read it as commands.

I knew i should recorded myself playing the stress test server when i played it.

You should have. Because the code base has had it removed since 1.13.0 (28211) so whatever you’re doing must have been pretty impressive.

The scripting model was freely available to the player community and wasn’t “discovered” at all. Blizzard intentionally released a LUA sandbox for us to make addons in, and provided the /script command to execute macros in that sandbox too. And told us about it and told us to use it.

This wasn’t some secret, unless someone was specifically not paying attention to it.

If you want more technical information, see this post:

2 Likes

Glad to see the community rallying against something as anti-MMORPG as multiboxing. Each character should represent a unique individual in the world.

LOL, you cannot have Guild Banks. Posting here doesn’t change that. :rofl:

I’ve acknowledged that Guild Banks won’t be in the game, troll. You can hold out hope that your anti-MMORPG desires will be met but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

You are literally still arguing in the other thread, and now trying to claim you’re being attacked, because I said that your argument amounted to a tantrum. :rofl:

Posting an ultimatum to Blizzard on the forums is pretty pathetic. The title could have been “No Focus Unit, please include this in Classic.”

“B-b-b-b-blizzard do as I say or I won’t give you money!!”

Are you Brokenwind?

:roll_eyes:

151 likes, as opposed to the OP with 14.

Quite a bit of support, LOL. Guild Banks part 14, part 14 got more likes than that.

A non-vanilla feature.

IMO any online game should be single character. No alts.

Since that isn’t the case multiboxing isn’t nothing different.

Is multi-boxing allowed on pvp realms?

Anyway, I can understand where you’re coming from.

I would offer that people who mbx should be on their own layer so that they can’t interact with non-mbxers while they are mbxing. But, that’s just my 2 cents on this issue.

I don’t blame anyone for wanting to up the difficulty of the game for themselves and play multiple characters. You’re basically just increasing your own skill ceiling. And, let’s be honest, classic is the easiest version of the game.

I get it.

(And just to be clear, yeah, I don’t think blizzard should be encouraging people to use 3rd-party software to make up for design flaws at this point)

Take your own advice. Focus Frame was introduced in TBC and has significant effects on gameplay, through actual changes in the combat meta.

Solely for wanting to use it to multibox. If you want to multibox, I’m sure you can find an empty shard for yourself on BfA.

1 Like

Yes. Blizzard Approved™.

I didn’t ask for Focus Frame. Feel free to read the actual post. The “Focus target” mentioned in the post is focus. The unit ID which the equivalent of did exist in Vanilla. Make sure to educate yourself before arguing invalid statements.

2 Likes

anything that impairs multiboxers of any form or legitimacy gets an enthusiastic thumbs up from me

3 Likes

Focus:
Focus is a new feature allowing you to save a target. Example:
/focus target
…will save your currect target as your focus. This means that you at any time can use /target focus to target the unit you designated with /focus target.

Focus supports option parameters. Example macro:
/cast [target=focus,exists] Polymorph (/castrandom [target=focus,exists] Polymorph, Polymorph: Pig, Polymorph: Turtle <— If you want a random Polymorph)

This works like your “personal” raid icon which makes it easy to keep track of sheeps etc.

Which equivalent are you talking about?

Sorry, going with the crowd here and hope they don’t change their mind on this.

3 Likes