No flight path to Valdrakken ***FROM*** Emerald Dream

I’m a new player and all so I know this might sound a little like I don’t know what I’m talking about but I’m wondering why there isn’t a flight path directly to valkdrakken from the emerald dream zone or at least a portal back there since there is a portal to it?

14 Likes

There is a portal to the Emerald Dream in the Green district of Valdrakken.

2 Likes

LOL. :joy:

12 Likes

Hard to say what the devs were thinking. I usually just hearth back to Val. I have enough hearthing items that if the main stone is on cooldown I can always get to Org and back to Val that way.

9 Likes

You can take the portal back to the onharan plains and then get to Valdrakken. But it seems a little silly that the portal is a one way thing from Valdrakken to Emerald Dream

9 Likes

There are already way too many portals in game. Use your hearthstone.

Because the Emerald Dream is a different plane of existence than the material world. You also don’t have a flight path to the Firelands or the Shadowlands from any point in Azeroth. Fel, you can’t even take a flight path from one continent to another nor from any point in the Dragon Isles to Zaralek Cavern.

There is a two-way portal from the Ohn’ahran Plains to the Emerald Dream.

1 Like

Its called set your hearthstone to Valdrakken, poof there is your answer.

I only asked because hearth was on cool down, a solution maybe some of the time.

5 Likes

I know the topic is on em dream, but if I’m reading this correctly, you can take a FP to / from the zaralek caverns up to the Dragon Isles zones. You just have to click the bottom right map portion to flip/flop between underground and above ground.

7 Likes

Since hearth is only 20 min I never thought much of that since I’m there more than 20 minutes at a time.

No it’s not.

It’s a world experience thing.

They’ve done this forever, having “one way trips” into zones.

They do, still, want folks In The World. Portals are a reality that they cope with, not that they design around.

You want a quick trip to Valdraken, hearth or hit up a mage.

3 Likes

This sound pretty harsh, do you have any links or sites that really give this any credence?

If you fly east off the edge of the Emerald Dream zone (toward Valdrakken), it will teleport you to the front of the portal out.

The portal in Valdrakken was a nice convenience, since the Emerald Dream entry portal is across the other side of the map, but its a bit of an outlier, as they don’t often do that. I think one of the Ancient Waygates would have been a better idea; although they do have a cooldown, it would give an extra fast movement if your hearth was on cd. They could have placed it inside the Dream pretty easily and there are a couple to go to which are quite close to Valdrakken.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong the game is super fun, I haven’t had this much fun in a video game in a long time but it was just something I was curious about from their design philsophy I guess, not that it’s a big problem. What I don’t get is the previous response is that they have to cope with portals.

1 Like

They were suggesting that the developers would prefer that there never be portals to anywhere and would rather us travel on foot. But players would never accept that, so they give us some portals and not others.

I’m not so cynical about it. Yes, the developers definitely want you to explore the world and not just teleport everywhere. That could absolutely be influencing the one way Emerald Dream portal; they might want you to fly back and see more than Valdrakken + latest patch zone during your playtime.

But portals have existed for the entire life of the game. I don’t think there’s any real information saying that the developers would rather make us walk all the time

The way I handled DF was to set my Hearthstone to the Inn in Valdrakken. Then no matter where you are in DF, or anywhere for that matter, you can go directly to Valdrakken.

For anywhere else, you can just go to the top of the tower, hop on your dragon and make it to just about anywhere in the Dragon Isles.

Clunky.

I don’t understand people who don’t set their Hearthstone to the current expansion’s capital city.

Just use your Hearthstone, or play a Mage and use Teleport.