No Echoes on main with rank 4 essence, Have Plenty on Alts with no rank 3

Just as the title says… My main character, Deltress - Stormrage - US, has a rank 4 essence - The Crucible of Flame. This character has gotten zero Echoes of Ny’alotha.

So far, I believe all four of my 120 alts, have gotten them. Heck, my paladin, Laurunar on Zul’jin US, which I just hit 120 on less than an hour ago, got Echoes when I did the Stormsong emissary chest. I went back to Boralus, went to the Warfront quest guy, and it shows Echoes as part of the heroic Warfront quest rewards… I just did a heroic warfront for the first time 2 days ago on Deltress and got no echoes. This is honestly ridiculous, as my priest is the only character with a rank 3 or above essence and has also gotten the cloak to rank 10. Really disappointed right now, because I’ve likely missed out on quite a few echoes, as I’ve done dailies every day in Uldum and Vale on this character.

What can be done? :frowning:

One of your alts will need to obtain a rank 3 essence that your main does not have (and can use) in order for your main to start earning Echoes.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/260975

4 Likes

Does Blizzard realize how big of a problem that is? How about all the echoes that I’ve missed out on? It isn’t like /anything/ in the game advises players of this. This only affects some players from what I’m reading, why would they leave such an end-game-affecting bug active in the game?

This is my main. I do not earn Echoes on her since none of my other 120s (17 of them) have a rank 3 Essence that she does not have. Therefore, I will not earn Echoes until that happens.

Because it is not a bug. This is working as intended.

Just as your alts relied on your main to have rank 3 essences that they did not have yet. Your main relies on them to have rank 3 essences that the main does not have.

More info about the system can be found in this post from Blizzard:

5 Likes

Forgive me, I apparently thought you could just buy these upgrades, I didn’t realize they were all unlocks that I’d get and couldn’t just buy for the first time. >_< And now I see there is nothing else to buy with Echoes.

“Ohhhh! I get it!”

4 Likes