No duel spec, no other changes, original Wrath please

Hello. Could we try having a few servers that start off at the Wrath pre-patch, and then progress through each original patch? I think it would be cool to experiance the original Wrath the way players did back in the day. This would mean with each new patch, we would get all the content over time, along with any changes those patches had in them. What do you guy’s think? This would spread the game out over like 2 years, which from what I have read over time, seems like what a lot of people want because they keep complaining about not having enough time in between game cycles to enjoy the game.

5 Likes

thats what i want

1 Like

Idk if its worth it for blizzard to make a server for like 11 people tbh

15 Likes

So a true style progression server?
They had those on some other MMOs ive played and theyre really fun, doing that with a fresh realm would potentially be cool.

3 Likes

Does that include all the bugs or subtle QOL changes? Like Blessing of wisdom gives 92 mana and mana spring gives 91, because mana spring’s infinite duration would overwrite Blessing of Wisdom when they were both 91, and then the totem would go away or you outrange it and lost your pally buff.

The exciting part of a progression server was you didnt know what balance changes were coming. They addressed things players had a concern with. We will know all the changes coming and at what points for certain raid tiers. That would drive me nuts knowing I had some change coming down the line that fixed some wonky ness on my character and I had to wait until ICC for it.

1 Like

Funny thought to imagine the devs would make a old skewl launch wotlk bugs and all, and then over time fix the bugs they introduced in the prior build. Would be so weird to hear of a Dev team intentionally creating bugs just to later solve them.

2 Likes

I get why you want it… but no chance that happens.

Blizzard isnt in the business of making a million different servers for every game type. One and done. Profit.

2 Likes

Wait they removed dual spec?

This is a request thread, not an observation thread.

1 Like

Yes to bugs, and OP death knights, and the idea of it simply being a progression server. Meaning over the course of it’s life, it would mimic the expansion as it was, rather than be a sort of reforged, retail/classic hybrid that people have mixed feeling about due to having, or not having something in it. This way, if you want a major feature, you’ll know that if you simply wait long enough, it’ll happen. And if you don’t like something about the expansion, you can enjoy it without it for a while. I kinda think a lot more than 11 people would prefer this over the current idea of whatever this remake is.

They are having enough problems and crunching hard to get 3.3.5 done in time, no shot they have time or resources to get a 3.0.4 ready as well.

1 Like

True, the resources have been diminished and the development team has been reduced severely to that of an indie company. I say this not as a joke or with mean intentions, it’s just what it is all things considered. But perhaps this could be a long term project they could consider trying eventually, once they have all the patches on hand. There wouldn’t be any ‘‘fixing bugs’’, the patches have those fixes already, the bugs were already fixed over time. It’s a simple re-rollout of content over a set period. Everyone knows what’s going to be there, and when. Warts and all, no one could be out of the loop on anything.

And as far as funding it goes, they could do many things for funding that wouldn’t have to impact the game. No cash shops or anything, perhaps just add another sub cost, or tack on an extra sub cost. Or perhaps even more blizz-like…sell the game over time per patch. Not as much as buying a whole expansion each time, but maybe pay 10 bucks per patch to keep playing. If you opt out of continuing to do this, you can be transfered to the classic version.

only if they stayed true to the original downtime from weekly maintenance and unscheduled maintenance that they had the first time around.

so for example if the server is down for several hours/days in original wrath a certain weekly maintenance, but with todays process it would only take a single hour? too bad, it’s down for however long it was originally down for.

Sounds good to me, more time to go touch some grass or something.

If we get duel spec can we also get arena spec, BG spec and wpvp spec?

1 Like

Only if it was part of Wrath. Remember, there’s a classic reforged version of wrath that can have QoL and retail changes if they are desired by enough players. This is a progression version of Wrath.

I would rather have this than whatever Frankenstein creation they are making now.

It’s a true, clear alternative, non-transparent option. No one buying it would be able to accuse the devs, or player driven feedback, whether it be real feedback or rumors of such, on how it progresses. It would be ALL on the consumer to either keep buying it, or not buy it and it fails. A true test.

I’m sorry… are you asking for servers that include all bugs that were present during the initial expansion?

Except if it fails, it will leave to even more complaints. People will complain about anything.