No Cross Realm BG's, correct?

It not a matter of realm size that influence queue times, it’s faction balance.

4 Likes

xrealm battlegrounds are never needed. the game isn’t literally unplayable because you can’t get into a battleground, and xrealm battlegrounds don’t guarantee you’ll always be able to get into a battleground anyway.

4 Likes

BGs are an endgame to many, if they cannot play BGs then whats left to do doesnt interest them. Same if raids were build the sameway. Aside from that it was in vanilla so itll be in classic.

4 Likes

I’ve heard they will be in and don’t like it.

One of my favorite memories of vanilla was knowing the opponents.

7 Likes

Not a matter of need. We are playing 1.12, 1.12 has cross realm BG’s. What other game systems would you like to see changed? Perhaps classic is not for you?

3 Likes

if so many people play for bgs then they shouldn’t need xrealm to start bgs. we don’t need xrealm raids to raid, we don’t need xrealm auction houses to trade.

3 Likes

So you do realize you could have thousands on herod that play for BGs and 10 that play for BGs on Atiesh right? And lets say Atiesh completely dies after 6 months, what then?

Your hatred for xrealm and paranoia linked to it notwithstanding, its a good thing for dead realms and existed back in vanilla. It will be there.

3 Likes

I remember the first version of the old forums when they brought xbgs in…boy was is a spectacle from all the outrage and tears.

we’re not playing 1.12, we’re playing 1.13. 1.13 includes many changes like layering, api functions, battlenet integration, voice chat.

1 Like

But the context of WHEN is the issue.

CRBGs was a band-aid solution to long queue times (specifically due to faction population imbalance which to this day Blizzard has never fixed). If nobody knows when Classic realms will encounter this problem, why is it a part of P3? It might not be a problem in P3 at all but it’s in anyway?

Ask yourself why it existed and then ask if that same reason will be present at the time of P3. CRBGs is a technical solution to a population problem. It’s not an item on a loot table or a talent tree balance change. It’s more akin to the layering we see now in Classic which wasn’t in 1.12 but is relatively understood as a necessity. If layering was needed in Vanilla during 1.12 but wasn’t needed for Classic, would you advocate for its implementation as well?

2 Likes

Theres no way to answer that correctly. You overestimate population by P3, I likely underestimate it. Doesnt matter though, itll be there.

dead realms affect everything, not just bgs. and they get merged, even though everybody believes layering is going to fix that which it won’t because layering is gone by then.

y should bgs be special that even if your realm is dead you can still do bgs even though you can’t do anything else? maybe accept that the realm is dead and fix it instead of trying to keep bgs alive while your realm is dead everywhere else.

This is one hill I’m not dying on.

I am 100% FOR Cross-realm Battlegrounds to better balance the BG queues.

Last thing we need is 40 vs 25 Alterac Valley, like we ran into back into the day, waiting for the rest of one faction to show up 5 minutes into the match, giving the other side a lopsided advantage right off the bat. We don’t need that mess again.

3 Likes

Merging realms are not a desired option, especially if the only reason to do it is so that nubling can feel like he knows his opponents.

I think we need to see how queue times are before we put our foot down on anything. After the first or second 8 hour AV queue you may change your mind. Now it may not be that bad but its not out of the realm of possibility and we have to consider that.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter. They kept Leeway and Spell Batching in the game and those aren’t needed either.

so you think a dead realm should be left dead, and that’s fine because even if you’re on a dead realm you can still queue for battlegrounds on other realms and that makes everything perfect. lol.

2 Likes

Why would we rally against it? I don’t care for long queues I’m an adult now.

2 Likes

Free transfers to the realm are the more desired option. Merging realms will kill the realm more than the realm killed itself. That is what people in favor of merging realms dont realize or take into account. If there are options, especially ones that already existed in vanilla to help those on dead realms continue to play their favorite aspect of the game then im for that.

At the end of the day, Cross Realm BG’s are a part of 1.12.

It wouldn’t be no changes if they changed that, now would it?

2 Likes