No Cross Realm BG's, correct?

only the ignorant accept a free transfer to dead realms. huge mistake, free transfers don’t revive dead realms, you just get stuck on a dead realm. problem not fixed, didn’t work in vanilla, won’t work now.

1 Like

Yet its still better than merging servers. If server merges were at all desired we’d have 80+ classic realms right now… Even Blizzard doesn’t agree with you that merging realms is a healthy option.

no, it is not better than merging servers, because it doesn’t actually fix anything.

mergers actually fix the problem with a very minor inconvenience for a few players.

1 Like

dude stop trolling

1 Like

Just say no to Cross Realm BG’s. The ENTIRE point of classic is COMMUNITY! If you have cross realm bg’s that flies out the window. We have to stay on our own server, even if it makes longer queue times. This may even be a good thing in incentivising us to pre-make groups before queuing.

NO CROSS REALM ANYTHING!

4 Likes

Q: Will there be Cross Realm Battlegrounds when those go live?
A: Cross-realm battlegrounds were a feature of 1.12 and are important for matchmaking, so you’ll be seeing cross-realm battlegrounds in WoW Classic when Battlegrounds are introduced in Phase 3 of the content roll-out plan.

Taken from

So glad blizzard doesn’t agree with you. Players on PVE servers, faction imbalanced servers or low population servers would get horrendously long queue times (or none at all) without crBGs. And that’s exactly what happened prior to 1.12 in actual vanilla.

Alterac valley straight up never popped in some cases. Crbgs are 100% needed.

2 Likes

Because a high population doesnt mean a high population on each faction.

And considering how virtually every server devolved into being either horde or ally dominant there is no reason to think it wont happen again.

In retail, Illidan is a very high population server. How do you think Illidan only bg queues would go (no mercenary mode)?

In fact, every high pop/full server is high pop for 1 faction only.

1 Like

If you want cross realm bg’s retail is there waiting for you. Classic is supposed to be different.

Vanilla had xrealm bgs.

3 Likes

Battleground instances were never about community.

They were about rep-grinding some pretty good pre-raid Epic gear. They also made 51 to 60 leveling a lot easier.

2 Likes

Classic had cross realm bgs…

3 Likes

the advantage of playing on a faction dominated server where you have twice the players to play with and none of the opponents to worry about in the open world comes at the price of very long bg queues. it shouldn’t mean you get to use your advantage against other realms.

promote and contribute to a healthy realm community if you want one, don’t ruin everyone else’s.

1 Like

A compromise then. You can have cross realm on PVE servers and not on PVP servers.

There’s good arguments against cross realm battlegrounds. I remember playing wsg and ab against the same people every day. It was fun. But in my personal opinion, the queues were just nonsense. Sometimes you’d log on, jump in a queue, and not play wsg for 5-6 hours because no one else in your level bracket was queued up. Cross realm bgs was an instant fix that almost always gave you queues that lasted 10 minutes or less.

I’m fine seeing different faces in wsg every day so long as you can assure me the queue is reasonable. You’ll learn the regular people anyway.

1 Like

Most players dont want balanced servers.

Its exactly WHY all the servers became imbalanced from the start.

Giving them a long queue time isnt going to make most give up all the benefits. It just means BGs happen less.

Also cross realm BGs were part of classic so…no changes.

2 Likes

not all the servers did, only a few. plenty of servers had no problem getting into bg’s.

if you want the benefit of fast bgs, don’t play on an imbalanced realm.

if you want the benefits of an imbalanced realm, accept that you won’t have fast bgs.

Also classic isn’t out yet so no they weren’t, it’s still up in the air.

1 Like

XREALM bg’s are absolutely crucial for casual players and players who don’t have a good premade to play with.

Without them you’ll spend all day getting stomped by premades grinding honor.

I was on my realms best premade horde team and all we did is stomp randoms all day. I can’t imagine those people had a great time. Only one type of player is against xrealm bg’s and that’s the people who want to monopolize honor gains on their realm.

2 Likes

Long queue times were a problem in 2005. Hours long or sometimes nonexistent. People in 2019 complain when their queue time is longer than 10 mins. If it didn’t work in 2005 it sure as hell isn’t going to work now.

crBG’s are mandatory. They are also in patch 1.12. Classic (1.13) is based off 1.12.

1 Like

Then it should not be used unless there are dead realms, and not before. Unless you are pushing for dead realms as well, since they too were in vanilla.

1 Like