No changes? What about the nerfed elites that give a lot of XP?

It never was true.

/thread

Classic is not a carbon copy of Vanilla. Several hotfixes have been made this week alone.

It looks like people really do have no idea if the game is as it should be or not. Still going to say it doesn’t feel right, but private servers do feel right and this does feel like it’s appealing to the people who want instant gratification for doing very little.

Vanilla should’ve been either you can quest until 60 or run dungeons until 60. Cleave grinding will cause burn out faster, but I bet it won’t be the reason used for why the game will die within a short term time period.

The design of Vanilla was flawed, which makes the design of Classic also flawed. I would even go as far as to say that the design of every game is flawed, as there is no such thing as a perfect game.

The argument in favour of not changing things isn’t about if the game could be made better or not, but rather simply not opening the door to any changes at all. I’m not going to say that making elites hit harder is going to turn the game into BfA, but once we open the door to changes who gets to decide what is a healthy change and what isn’t?

Basically it’s easier to simply say “no changes of any kind” rather than need to debate every change somebody thinks is a good idea.

Blizzard did a test a while back using their authentic 1.12 server/client and found the elite mobs in the Deadmines hit exactly as hard as they do in Classic right now.

There was also a thread recently about Ragnaros’ damage that got proven his damage values are accurate.

3 Likes

OP uses a character with 0 posts to make negative statements providing zero evidence. Obvious troll is obvious.

How long does cleave grinding take to get to 60? Joana was a vanilla speedrunner back in 2006 who was able to get to 60 in 4 days and 20 hours from questing and grinding, no dungeons. Hogger and Joana may shed some light on this whole thing.

You mean things like flying, LFD/R so you can level up without ever leaving Org, Stormwind, etc.? Everything Blizz has ever really done has been to tune the game so it’s easier and faster for people to get to max level, skipping as much as they can and get to the “end game” dungeons and such.

Aes sedai is it.

It’s also possible to slowly grind through one mob at a time and skip most of the content.

They’ve made lots of changes. You would have noticed if you’d been paying attention.

As I recall Joana himself said that his Vanilla record would be pretty easily beaten.

You can keep saying “hogger might shed some light” but until there’s real evidence, there’s no reason to take those claims seriously.

All evidence right now says that elites hit as hard as they did in 1.12 Vanilla. If you want to try to claim otherwise, the burden of proof is on you and not the rest of us.

It’s not my job to prove your own claims for you.

3 Likes

Never said you had to look things up for me. I’m doing that right now.

A lot of people are better players than they were back at the beginning, and mistake the ease in play for nerfing rather than an improvement in their skillset and adapability.

Haven’t found a single video of someone cleave grinding back then or forum posts from other gaming websites.

even in vanilla chain running dungeons like SM was more efficient than grinding mobs or quests in the world.

1 Like

If you dont like it then go back to private servers.

#myclassic

Kinda, it depends on if you’ve already ran out of quests for your level. Running ZF from 42-50 is probably best, but I’m also arguing that it was impossible to cleave grind back then. Elite mobs are nerfed in Classic.

Or you just didnt know the optimal cleave dps build?

Just like all the ridiculous raid strats people did back then.

Or you can give me proof that elites were this weak back then like people claim they were with “evidence”.

The lack of cleave grinding discussion on a game that had millions of people playing it back then is just too suspicious.

Generally when you are making the claim, you provide the proof.

All i am hearing in these threads is my memory from 15 years ago when i really didnt know what i was doing is wrong.

2 Likes

Sabetha said there was proof that elite mobs were this weak back then, but I haven’t found this proof from your side. The lack of discussion on how great and fast cleave grinding is concerning the biggest MMO from Googling it using the specific time search option like I said is too suspicious. Wonder if Blizzard has back up forum posts from a 2004-2007 time frame and just let the community read through things like group building threads and general game discussion that’ll most likely prove me right.

No it wouldnt. There is no shortage of evidence out there that private servers tuned up the game to make it harder.

The game is easy, its really just that simple. The sooner the nostalgics accept, the better the forums will be.

3 Likes