No Changes TBC is DOA

Not all changes are bad, but we can all agree that megaservers were a mistake.

Oh, I see. YOUR changes are good. Person x changes are bad. And person y’s changes are some good some bad. And the 7,433,692 other opinions on possible and ‘necessary’ changes from 7,433,692 different players are all good…and bad. And Blizz should sift through them all and try to appease everyone. They’ve been doing that for 15 years and it’s worked wonders for the current game. But what about those players who just want an authentic experience of an old game that no longer exists? Screw them I guess. It’s not like Classic was made to create that very experience.

Look, Blizzard has been listening to the wrong people since this game was created. A very vocal minority who obsess over things that don’t matter. The current WoW has what 1/10th the population it once had? You know…back before most of these conveniences and ‘balances’ were put in place. It’s almost like the VAST majority of players don’t nitpick over every little thing. And designing the game around trying to appease that min/max mentality sucked the rpg elements out of the game, the community means nothing, choice and freedom are gone. And so are millions of players. And for what? So (no offense) posters like yourself can move directly on to the next day’s complaint. What happens to WoW as a result? It’s been turned more into an interactive calculator than a video game that players play for gasp fun.

Just so we’re clear, I actually am trying to advocate for an authentic experience. That’s why I am against megaservers, and was for the Lotus changes when they had to be made because of megaservers. Because megaservers ruined the authentic experience and Black Lotus somewhat restored it.

But recreating the code does not recreate the experience. And while we all understand that the original experience can never be recreated identically, there are still aspects that are worth attempting to preserve, even if it means deviating from the original code.

Two very important things must be preserved however they can be in order to recreate an experience that actually works according to how the game was originally designed: server populations and faction balance. If either of those two things are broken, we’ve already seen the damage that it causes to the rest of the game. Allowing it to happen again in TBC is just stupid.

Ok its easy to say theres a problem

Whats your solution?

1 Like