No-boost strategy to level to 70

I haven’t seen this anywhere and most guides are recommending you use a trial account or another carry but it’s not needed.

Turn off auto-loot and queue for heroics. Loot the bosses but leave the XP tokens on them so that they get mailed to you. Do this until you hit 25.

Deviate from the usual guides now by just doing the Vault raid 4-5 days in a row. Just pug one after you pick up the daily quest. When you have around 500% +XP on your cape and are around level 30 open up all your XP tokens and you’ll ding 70.

It took me about 2 hours 45 minutes to get to 70 this way with zero heroic carry (I’m not making a trial account) and that was with an extra unneeded vault run. (I had 4-5 extra purple tokens.)

The best time I’m aware of with a carry is about 2 hours so this is almost as good as the try hard method but you can do it on a worse PC.

1 Like

That +XP% sounds a bit much at level 30 for what little normal raiding you are doing. All other similar guides I have seen have you do more heroics after a N-MSV run at 25, then at 35 do a N-HoF, then heroics again til 40, and do a N-ToES before popping all your tokens. Even those 3 normal raids get you 192%, plus a few straggler scrolls that might net you another 10-12%. Plus you’d still have to get to 40 to be able to do all 3.

2 Likes

Thats a pretty solid advice / guide. One minor tid bit though, you can get to 70 in an hour or three casually spamming dungeons. Its slightly faster than doing raids for 4-5 days to get the xp% imo

Why do you want to make it harder on yourself? Trial priest takes 3 hours max to set up.

The fastest 10-70 that I’m aware of, as a carry, is 45 minutes. Without raids, I’ve personally managed 1h 20m carrying my own alts.

You can multibox on a PC with subpar specs, just lower your graphics settings and limit framerate when not actively tabbed into the client.

Welcome to last month.

2 Likes

Care to elaborate please?

Sure, but what do you want elaborated from the below options?

• The 45 minute 10-70
  • The personal 1h 20m 10-70 for my own alts
  • Multiboxxing with subpar PC specs

The first 2 please.
For example, are you running dungeons on your own or using LFG?
I have a lvl 20 twink also but I am having trouble seeing how to get an alt to 70 in so little time.
Tks

The 45 minute 10-70 is a pretty well known method, but theirs was particularly fast because they had a team for dungeons and a team for raids, so they were able to instantly get summoned to the raid, then leave the moment it was done and go back to dungeon spamming.

• Make new character, get cloak, do quest to unlock LFG
  • Begin spamming heroic dungeons until 25, either looting only EXP threads or nothing at all
  • Once 25, go to MSV, loot only EXP threads from bosses, nothing else
  • Once MSV done, Heroic dungeons to 35
  • Once 35, go HoF, again only loot EXP threads
  • Once done with HoF, Heroic dungeons to 40
  • Once 40, go ToES, again looting only EXP threads.
  • When done with ToES, loot all bonus EXP threads from your mailbox, then all bonus EXP items from bosses + mailbox, should be 70

For my 1h20m runs, it’s just heroic dungeon spamming. The character being levelled sits afk at the entrance because it wouldn’t contribute much of anything anyways, and my trial 20 goes through the dungeon. It’s helpful if your trial toon can queue as tank/heals and even more helpful if your levelling toon can do the same.

Once the toon you’re levelling via raw dungeon spam hits 57 from sitting AFK, you open mailbox, loot only bonus exp% threads, use those, then grab the bonus EXP items and your alt is 70.

I generally hit heroic 5 mans until I can raid and save all the xp bonus tokens. Hit a few 5 mans and whatever raids are available until I am about 45-50.

Open the mail and hit 70 or half the bar away.

Then hit a few LFRs for level appropriate gear. Usually takes about 4 hours game time.

I am sure it can be done faster but I am in no rush.

Thanks.
From your explanation you are doing random heroic dungeons from LFG and not going into dungeons with just your alt and the twink.
What about the other players? Do they complain about the AFK alt?

MSV provides +72% each run guaranteed from the boss drops plus whatever random threads drop.

I don’t know if you can hit 500% by level 30 unless you get lucky in the 10-25 dungeon spam and random trash / boss loot for XP threads, but you won’t be that much higher a level either as the XP in MSV without using the tokens isn’t a lot, so doing it every day won’t level your character very fast on its own.

This is kind of sort of how I leveled a handful of alts over a week - just got them all to 25, logged one on, ran MSV, logged off, repeated for each of them.

They all ended up in the mid 30s with ~500% XP bonus and the tokens from the raids plus early dungeons easily got them to 70.

1 Like

Most players seem to not care too much. Out of the 5 alts I levelled myself, only one of them was ever vote-kicked, by someone else who was also trying to level their alts but wasn’t contributing nearly as much as my trial 20 monk was. Just part of the game and RNG whether or not you run into folks like that. What they thought would be contributed had a toon with no gear or talents not been AFK is beyond me.

1 Like

2.5 hours to 70 allows ample time for me to coffee, bonng, maybe have a drink, smoke 8 cigarettes, yell at my chickens and take at least one leak.

You get 72% per normal clear plus the 100% default. The 5th run of vault I did might be needed but your still looking at about 2 hours 45 minutes to complete. I don’t think I just got lucky with +xp thread drops (maybe I did though) but you do get them just as ordinary loot from everything.

The purple XP tokens are worth 1.5 what a blue xp token is worth. I had a total of 68-70 blue tokens after you convert them. That post conversion total is about what I had when I ran it the heroic dungeon spam single day grind to 70 way I picked up from a youtube video. (I had 68 but was short a quest for 70.)

Also, the usual way only nets you the +XP from one run of vault, one run of HOF, and one run of Terrace. That’s +204% XP from boss kills (so <50% base than what I had at +360%.)

With a carry alt you can probably make that time pretty leisurely but that’s a PITA for some of us. It also wouldn’t make sense to grind threads on a trial account unless you were going to level A LOT of alts. This is just an alternative way to do this in a short-ish amount of time.

What do you mean grind threads on a trial account, there is no grind anymore. You do a few achievements using your main and in a couple of hours your trial 20 is stat capped and ready to steamroll dungeons

It’s faster to lvl to 25 with H dungeons, looting the xp tokens too. Then do:
1st day Mogushan.
2nd day Mogushan, HoF, Terrace. (ToT too if you get high enough lvl or go back to dungeons to get high enough. And then do SoO if make it to 60.)
3rd day if you didn’t lvl to 50 to do ToT then do any raid. Then do ToT and SoO. (If you were able to do SoO the day before then do another raid and you should hit 70.)
It’s a couple days faster and much higher amount of bronze acquired.

Yes so the couple of hours is the grind threads thing. So you already know what that means.

If you plan on leveling like 3 guys then it makes no sense to waste 2 hours to save an hour, or whatever, down the road.

That seems way longer. A few of those raids are like 40 minutes or more. You also need to be at a higher level to do the later raids.

There’s already tons of threads about this along with all the guides about it. Many people have been doing it under 2 hours.

I do heroic dungeons to get blue gear and do the first three normal raids as they pop up. By then I’m around level 40 and over 400% on my cloak.

As with other guides on the topic, I always remind people that this will nerf your character pretty hard if you plan on playing it. Some have suggested saving boxes to have gear to open at 70. Even then you’re 70 missing a bunch of stat threads you could have acquired between 40 and 70.

Most people only did this to farm bronze but with the bronze buff, it’s only useful now if you’re leveling alts for retail.