No AH is the most fun I’ve had in a long time

I was thinking more of a cooldown after posting for Trade Chat specifically to keep from having 20 “WTS Linen Bandages” from one player.

But what about ‘WTS linen bandages’ from 20 different people?

There is an addon that does use regex…“EasyFilter”…it’s pretty raw…but it does what it advertises.

1 Like

Indeed, it would be annoying but how is this different from 20 “LFG WC”?

There are a small set of dungeons/raids to filter on. How many unique saleable items are there in the game? Thousands, right?

Or, if you don’t care about running anything… you can just filter out ‘LFG’, ‘LF1’, LF2’, etc.

95% of trade has been “WTS Normally cheap as dirt item for 8132983918391283912839 gold, PST!”

1 Like

Selling things isn’t super terrible, but good luck trying to buy something like a specific zg doll to turn in the idol you just got or specific scarabs to turn in aq40 tier pieces. It is a nightmare and almost impossible.

When they automate, they remove interaction. Best classic would be phase 3 or 4 locked, with no AH. Now that’s a simple classic plus.

2 Likes

I literally would not consider playing any version of this game without an AH because procuring anything would be so onerous that I’d rather just go watch tv or something.

If they up and decided to drop the AH, I would drop my subs…they’d be creating a level of micromanagement I couldn’t abide.

Indeed there are, but there are also a smaller pool of items within that overall item list that are predominantly being advertised for sale in Trade. Still a good amount no doubt, if someone somehow still presented an annoyance with that linen bandage sales pitch in chat after the cooldown filter was implemented how hard would it be to manual silent that spam? Not very…i think it could work, in theory. I mean we have been going how many days now with no AH? Have yet to see that particular problem come to fruition.

people look for groups on your server? I’m just glad the boost spam is being drowned out by people mats etc

Not sure why boost spam is any worse than wtb/wts spam. 99% is noise for your specific needs anyway.

This, seriously. What the hell Fellow American’s do you have any idea how many times i’ll sell a pet or dark runes and people will just go “Nvm” This pisses me off, You’re letting the Kangaroo people outshine us. OR WORSE THE BRITS. You think it stops there? No it’ll go the Brazilians next… Which sucks since i don’t even know Spainish! Though on a serious note this is sorta weird thing i’ve noticed with everyone generally. People just being anti-social though.

1 Like

rofl…why in the hell do I want to be social with rando trade haggler?

All this actual trade chat is ruining the political banter I’m accustomed to.

Blizzard please return this to normal.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that if you mention Kamala Harris in chat it really brings out the snarly people.

You’re right, imagine having a healthy balance. What a world.

I can buy striking healthy balances between game time and real life, but don’t try to sell me on healthy balances between in-game activities.

Yes, there are. There are plenty of folks who really enjoy AH PVP. Moreso in other games with a more versatile economy but a fair amount here.

Different strokes for different folks. For example, the fascination with baseball has always been a mystery to me.

1 Like

“playing the game the way you want” hasn’t anything to do with “striking a healthy balance”

“striking a healthy balance” is limiting what you want (dessert) and instead doing what’s good for you (going for a run)

It’s sensible to apply to gaming vs real life necessities, and nonsensical when the scope is entirely in-game.