No 6 month game time with blizzard balance!

Of course you don’t. LOL

Game time can no longer be purchased in the same increments as subscriptions. You no longer get a discount.

1 Like

Basically you are giving your gold to someone who paid real money for it. But blizzard gets all the real money Kek

I am literally going to redeem a wow token right now in the AH and video record me doing it IN GAME

I don’t understand why you have to redeem $15 twice from a wow token, to then pay $30 on their website when you can do it in the game

Ok, so I agree that I don’t understand why you’re not just using the token, instead of the Blizzard Bucks.

However, it’s still Blizzard being Blizzard and requiring people who want to use cash or Blizz bucks to buy 2 months when they only wanted to buy 1. That’s the problem here, and there’s no justification for it aside from Blizzard using it as a means to get more money without any regard for the wishes of the player.

I mean, they did a study and found that there was no need for buying one month of play time and that it was only logical to have one option of 2 months?

Give me a break. That just screams of greed. There is literally no other explanation for it.

Edited because I also do now see the issue for the OP as well. I haven’t ever bought with game time so wasn’t sure of the process.

So, yeah, OP does have a valid complaint basically because she has to farm more gold than she otherwise would have if she were still allowed to buy a 6 month game pass.

Blizzard only allowing us to buy in 2 month increments is greed on 3 different fronts:

1. players can’t buy just one month anymore, and are forced to buy 2 and spend more money than they would have if they just want to play for one month at a time.

2. While a credit card can be used, there is the chance people will forget or neglect to cancel the subscription, which means more money for Blizzard.

3. No more discount when using game time because the 6 month isn’t offered.

So, Blizzard literally picked the one amount of game time to offer that was most likely to screw over their playerbase.

1 Like

The other issue is, of course, that Blizzard is taking advantage of the fact that it is in fact inconvenient enough to have to go into your account to cancel that subscription that a lot of players will forget to do it and end up paying for gametime they had no intention of using. So the change is resulting in a lot of free money for blizzard.

This used to be how you could purchase game time with Bnet balance or gift it:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DsLyFowp59s/XCsHkNldWUI/AAAAAAAAAzs/dYR5orVSHbUfhEUX_by6gfTj6ZofBrhxgCLcBGAs/s1600/wow-game-time.PNG

Now, the only option is 60 days for $30 with Bnet balance or to gift.

You can’t gift a subscription. You can’t use Bnet balance for a subscription. People without credit cards, debit cards or those who gift time, end up paying more.

Do you understand this yet?

2 Likes

Paying for gametime or services with bnet balance was the easiest way to buy gametime, hands down.

They looked at the numbers after Shadowlands launched and saw that a fair number of players who bought Shadowlands and a month of gametime hadn’t subscribed or bought another month. And instead of asking, what could we do differently to make them want to subscribe, the question they asked was, what can we do to milk these consumers for more money?

4 Likes

It sure was. And I used to pay a discounted price to give 3 months or 6 months to people. And the kids in the family who don’t have credit cards could also get their game time at a discount. Now they can’t.

1 Like

majority of WoW players are using Windows 10

set reminders for yourself and look at your battle.net account of what time the sub expires 6 months from now

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/749338020565483613/870531911691419658/Screenshot_646.png

I expect with all the lost subs, that blizz will soon be raising monthly subs to $20 or more.

then redeem the token in game for 30 days and don’t do $29.99 in blizzard balance, I seriously don’t see an issue?

give the gold to someone you want to give, a level 1 can access the AH and still buy the token if necessary, on the same realm where the gold is being given to

Also I just gifted 2 of my kids with 60 days game time because 30 is no longer an option
but I was not complaining only that I want the discounted 6 month back payable with balance not real money

Nothing I have said is not true. A lot of players will forget to unsub, and will end up paying for a month or more for nothing. Blizzard knows this and you know this. They won’t be going into their blizzard account to look at this because they won’t be logging into either the game or the launcher.

Which is way less convenient than it used to be. I used to see a character had enough gold to buy a token, and I’d buy it and put it on the bnet balance. Done. Not pay for gametime I don’t need on the account and realm that character is on and end up expiring a different account that doesn’t have that gold.

You clearly have no idea how bnet balance worked. You never did, because you kept repeating the same false arguments back when they originally made the change.

“It’s really, really easy to subscribe and then go into your account to unsubscribe, no one will ever forget and blizzard will never make a cent on this! Honest!”

“All you have to do is buy a token and redeem it right away, even though the character that has the gold is on a different realm than the account that needs to be renewed. It’s really easy to do this!”

Oh, you thought that 1.5 million that Kotick had to pay already was coming out of his wallet? Nah, it’s coming out of yours lmao.

You can buy battle.net balance(no idea why anyone would want to do this since like I said there is only so much you can do with it). Also you don’t “earn” it, you can buy it using gold because someone else spent REAL money. They aren’t handing out anything for free.

DUDE. SERIOUSLY???

You :clap: get :clap: a :clap: discount :clap: for :clap: buying :clap: more :clap: months :clap: if :clap: you :clap: subscribe. :clap: You :clap: no :clap: longer :clap: do :clap: for :clap: game :clap: time :clap: LIKE :clap: WE :clap: USED :clap: TO.

WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR YOU???

3 Likes

The guy’s a shill, plain and simple. Make it as clear as you can, he’s going to refuse to see the point you’re making because having to admit Blizzard screwed up would send him to a psych ward.

5 Likes

Yeah, but it’s fun to spell it out with clapping. I’d do it with crayons, but I can’t online. :rofl:

1 Like

Pretty ballsy considering he’d probably feel compelled to chew on them.

4 Likes

That’s not the issue. The issue is that we used to be able to buy a month at a time, now we must purchase 2 months even though we only want one. Or for people who used to get a discount for buying a 6 month block of time, that is no longer an option.

2 Likes