No 6 month game time with blizzard balance!

The guy’s a shill, plain and simple. Make it as clear as you can, he’s going to refuse to see the point you’re making because having to admit Blizzard screwed up would send him to a psych ward.

5 Likes

Yeah, but it’s fun to spell it out with clapping. I’d do it with crayons, but I can’t online. :rofl:

1 Like

Pretty ballsy considering he’d probably feel compelled to chew on them.

4 Likes

That’s not the issue. The issue is that we used to be able to buy a month at a time, now we must purchase 2 months even though we only want one. Or for people who used to get a discount for buying a 6 month block of time, that is no longer an option.

2 Likes

The point was that this is what game time (bought with Bnet balance or gifted) used to look like:

• 1 month: $14.99
  • 3 months: $41.97 $44.97 ($13.99/month)
  • 6 months: $77.94 $89.94 ($12.99month)

Now it looks like this:

• 60 days: $29.99
1 Like

because let me show you why they changed that

when you were able to do this

people were able to switch their locations to another country, with Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), Argentina for example

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/749338020565483613/870535328581181480/zl2085k9dap61.png

650 ars is this much in USD

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/749338020565483613/870535591450800159/Screenshot_647.png

and because people were abusing that by pretending their “location” was not in US

this is why blizzard did this

Based on this, we have decided to alter the available Game Time

and thats why game time is changed to prevent people from abusing VPNs because Blizzard does not ban you for VPNs

game time now reflects on the USD no matter where in the americas, but if you are an actual resident in Argentina, your $6.73 gametime/sub will still exist, because YOU LIVE THERE

now do you understand?

2 Likes

Thanks everyone it’s been fun and Clark your ok it’s just I don’t use any of my real money to play and have not and won’t since paying for tokens with in game gold was made available

good nite peops

No one cares why they changed it. The fact is: IT WAS CHANGED AND SCREWED PEOPLE OVER.

Now do you understand?

2 Likes

I don’t think they’ll understand this.
They think being allowed to cheat the system is fine because blizzard is a corporation and corporations are bad.
Nevermind if you did this in other sub based mmos you’d be auto banned, so blizzard is pretty lenient overall here. Still scummy company, but I have no sympathy for people trying to cheat the system.

because some people abused the system, so blizzard had to change it, blame your colleague players

1 Like

It’s hilarious that you’ll defend a stupid way to fix that.

And you know full well your knighting for them makes you look even worse every time you try to die on this hill.

I blame Blizz for not fixing it correctly and screwing people over. No one wants to hear your poor excuses to defend them.

It was changed because people were cheating the system.
Good change.
Need more changes to clamp down on more like this.

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t control ISP’s nor IP addresses, this was the only solution

1 Like

It could have been done to NOT screw people over. Not sure how you don’t understand that. This version wasn’t the only version. But you keep defending a crap decision, too. You two make a great pair here. :+1:

2 Likes

Bro do you even math?

The answer is no.

look 5-6 posts above as I showed why, finish reading the thread first

It wasn’t a crap decision at all actually. People trying to use vpn to cheat the system has been an issue since vpn went mainstream for pc gaming. You literally won’t get any sympathy from me on this, no matter how scummy blizzard is, people cheating the system doesn’t make them better lol

1 Like

people move to another country/go over seas for awhile

Blizzard can’t ban you for using a new IP address

currencies are lesser value depending on where, one of the people I talk to on discord is from Brazil and he pays alot less in WoW sub because his cost of living is not the same as United States, so Blizzard reflects that with lower prices for them

Blizzard was literally losing money when people cheated the system, and as a business… they will fix that

It absolutely was. Since none of you understand how IPs and VPNs work and how other businesses have fixed such issues without taking choices away from customers, you two are the problem here.

No one asked for it. So goodbye.

He says that was the reason, but it wasn’t. They did it because a lot of people weren’t subscribing to the game and were just buying one month codes from the shop. It was a push to subscriptions, some might argue because people tend to forget when they subscribe and just let it auto renew but nobody knows for sure.

Though this was not a change made to affect people buying in other currencies. This is evident by the fact they could have resolved that with a simple price balancing. Instead they also removed the other time options from the shop which makes no sense. The only reasonable conclusion is to either require people to buy two months at a time or subscribe. Or to deal with bots which we all know is a blatant f-ing lie of the highest degree.

1 Like