No 20th Anniversary Blizzcon?!

Sort of shocking really considering the reported increase in subs during DF.

5 Likes

Probably because their last year’s event wasn’t hyped up to be.

Not to mention putting kpop as a ending ceremony concert was probably a sour taste when many Blizzcons ago was Metallica, Lincoln Park, Ozzy Osbourne, etc etc

18 Likes

whats the point if they aint got anything to show

14 Likes

Why would they need a blizzcon? They announced 3 expansions, no new diablo news, no new ips? Pointless to have a convention and show nothing

5 Likes

Yeah, that would be my guess to. They didnt sell out instantly like they did in the past.

But this should have been the big one. The last hurrah for an aging game

Even Blizzcons that had nothing new in the past sold out instantly back in the day

7 Likes

the next blizzcon will be 2025 and show midnight

4 Likes

Of course, but for this year like you said, nothing to show

Is it maybe the shake up in ownership? I know Xbox usually has their own thing. Could they be merging them?

2 Likes

when blizzcons were bigger they would show patch .1 i remember they announced class mounts at blizzcon 2016

Cant hold blizzcon without any news worth sharing.
Nothing wrong with skipping one if nothings going on.

4 Likes

I’d rather they spend their time making the 20th anniversary in game something special instead of an event I won’t go to that costs hundreds of dollars.

22 Likes

One Blizzcon year had StarCraft 2 legacy of the void as their main focus. Another overwatch, neither had any main serious focus on wow at those times.

They could have had this Blizzcon about the new Diablo 4 expansion

2 Likes

20th ANNIVERSARY!!! Thats not nothing.

There are a ton of things they could have done

5 Likes

I am just surprised they didnt do something anniversary related.

4 Likes

Blizzcon is only exciting when they have something new to announce.
D4 is still working on it’s launch to get out of early-access, we already have good communication on WoWs roadmap, OW2 is dead.
What would they have to discuss?

Major patches in TWW, teasers for Midnight?

They announced the final Legion patch at Blizzcon before.

3 Likes

There really isn’t anything to announce. The WoW and Diablo IV expansions are well publicized and will both likely be out in player’s hands before Blizzcon would even take place. They certainly aren’t announcing a new RTS. So, what would it be about?? Hearthstone cards and Overwatch skins??

I feel like I could come up with 2 days of stuff specifically focusing on the 20th anniv alone.

3 Likes

This, even though they’re trying to reverse things like all heroes unlocked recently, it’s too late the damage was done.

You can’t make a rotting banana be fresh again.

D4 has an expansion coming out and WoW expacs are supposed to be shorter. They use to also announce WoW patches at Blizzcon.

1 Like