No 1700 Pet Achievement?

I thought there was a achievement for 1700 unique Battle Pets? I am 1 short sitting at 1699 right now…

The 1600 pet achievement is the last one currently. Was originally for a higher number, but they realized was too high, way more than there were pets.

Ahh that is right now I remember thank you Chrummie…well they need to put in one for either 1700 or 1750…I think I could make 1750 easily with TWW now…still tons of pets I haven’t collected yet esp many wild ones.

Me too.

And I make it a bit over 100 new pets available in TWW.

I expect 1800 achieve to come with meybe the next patch.

Except for one of the 37 wild pets we’re not seeing all the tricky pets to catch that Dragonflight hit us with. The Shadowy Oozeling is only one I’m still missing because need some sort of special buff to be able to see the frontline ones. They are reported to sometimes show up as backline pets though so guess I’ll keep working on it.

I guess there’s a debuff you can get by standing in the black blood pool somewhere around there that lets you see them as regular spawns, but I did get both of the oozes as backline pets eventually. Maybe about 15-20 tries, not like it took hundreds, wasn’t too bad.

1 Like

There’s a hidden 1800 pet achievement giving you Mister Muskoxeles and Knight of Feathersworth title. It’s a leftover from the Dragonflight’s attempt to bring more of them, but it’s already granted stuff to a few people. Probably it’ll be elevated to a proper entry someday.

Do you ever think they make too many?

I thought Safari would never end, and I’m still finding more pets in chests, plus the various factions sell them.

I think they make too many pets, with too little thought, and on the other hand ignore the development of the battling system entirely.

Making a new pet must obviously be cheap and easy, and maybe a way to train newcomers on their internal tools. In any case, new species are fire-and-forget, incurring no increased maintenance surface.

Developing the battling system commits them to ongoing upkeep, and I suspect there’s nobody left in there that has both interest and time to work on it.

But that’s just my opinion.

Yeah I think we have been left too our own devises now and they just throw pets at us to keep us happy…all though there must be someone doing something to put many in hidden areas and quest lines …who knows.

Look at mount collecting no more achievements since the 500 one…which was way back in BfA time frame…I am at 738 or so with mounts…

I finished Pathfinder (that was easier than the ones I heard about). And I found one boss pet in my travels. Elemental that looks like a gnarled tree.

But I still don’t see World Quests, so I can’t find the pet dailies.

As for pets, I see this Safari (the only one I’ve ever done) as getting a lot of pets and nothing that really strikes me as being great. My new greenish-grey octopus with the purple tentacles and the red eyes is kind of cute, but nothing really strikes me as being a really great useful pet.

Even Waxwick is basically a Fel Flame with a new skin.

Pet dailies are up but they are on staggered times now…might find one up but have to wait hours for the next one in another area…they are not resetting like they use too in past exp like at reset at normal reset…make sure you have map button click to show them.

And unfortunately, that seems to work. We’re not a hard bunch to satisfy, it seems. Just throw a lot of pets at us and we’ll collect them and we’re happy.

I didn’t see anything that really stood out as a this new, great, useful pet. But then again, I’m not really sure what a useful pet would be like. I had high hopes for Necrofin Tadpole, for instance. But it’s a let down. It’s humanoid, with a humanoid’s regeneration, plus it has two ways to self-heal. But man, what a let-down.

It has a small health pool, so its regen, based on its total health pool, is going to be tiny, and it’s B/B. The only halfway decent stat it has is speed at 305.

I Just collected my 1700 pet a few mins ago…never thought I see this day now… Common Ploughworm and it was a blue one in the line up on back row…

May be just my personal perspective but pet collecting sure keeps a lot of us busy, and subscribing, during those long months till next expansion or major patch. And yeah, even with dev time designing and animating a pet it must be faster than adding most other content .

1 Like

Does it? During the droughts?

I mean, pet collecting will give me content for the next month or two, but this is the start of an expansion. And when the next patch comes out, I’ll get another couple of weeks of content. Sure.

But during the downtime, the end of expansion drought? I’ve already collected everything and long ago completed the content.

That is why I hold off doing the big Pet battle of all types with all the pet tamers around the expansion…that is a bit time consuming…

Knight of Feathersworth is actually a collection title from collecting the 4 “Royal” pets. Musk was the 4th for a lot.

That said, he WAS the reward for 2000, and the support article indicates they are aware he is being given on accident.

So we might lose him. I wouldn’t mind it though, a recolor of an island expedition pet for 1800 pets is insulting.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarifying!

I do agree about the pet being unworthy, but I would rather have it for 1800 than see it crawl back into the 2000 one…

I’d like Pepe the bird, or I don’t know, even the murlocs have lost their luster these days. I am suspicious they will dump another blue filter for a ‘memory’ and call it a day.

Could you please link the Blizzard support article, ty!