Nine Months In. How Are You Doing With Dragonflight?

dunno. waiting for regular flying to come out before I consider buying it

4 Likes

Bored, everythings unrewarding. Raids and dungeons are stupid easy…

3 Likes

Oh look who it is !

And me? It’s not that good to be honest lol

1 Like

… when did we suddenly become the same person? :rofl:

Also: why do people keep asking me about retirement?

5 Likes

I hit my personal goals (AOTC/Lord of the Reins achievement/ilvl 437). Now I’m just puttering around in old content, mostly Legion and WoD to farm mounts and mog, waiting for 10.2.

1 Like

Missed opportunity to use this gif:

5 Likes

I like the freedom it gives me. I’m not forced to play every week and can actually enjoy other games or my social life more.

But storywise I find it absolutely boring and not interesting. I was never a big dragon fan to begin with.

3 Likes

It is the forums. You gotta expect the dumbest things here.

8 Likes

About as good as I can Patch 10.1 onwards has been pre rough.Gearing is slow since I choose to gear my way not the “intended/forced way”.The overall mob difficulty is quite crazy.I was doing my hunter this week and for clarification im around 413 ish item level when this occured multiple times but if I was doing non current zoneor current zone area rares or quest hubs like the Fyrak one I would always get hit for a quarter or more of my hp from the look of it a basic attack from these mobs (as in one you cant interupt unless you immobilize or stun them.And this value was around 150k for those 30 minute rares that spawn around every zone to around 200k+ in Zaralek caverns and this again is from seemingly normal attacks not casted spells.

On the other hand my main a Warrior @ 420 item level and which I am very proficient on I can zoom around and do the same content pull more etc and take next to no damage (tanks obviously can sponge more than a dps).but I can still be melted over in that Elite area in Zaralek Caverns if I pull wrong same for doing the rares in there if i mess up or am distracted IRL it can kill me but that is a lot rare now that my ger is still improving,.I also use tha ttank my 418 Paladin tank and still gearing Demon Hunter tank the same way and I usually call out in general chat to get people onto these rares quests etc more to help them since I know how hard it is for DPS to get anywhere this patch since It is heavily forced us to group which Honestly is a bad decision.I can’t compare Zaralek caverns to any other zone with an elite area since no other area in the games history has been that unbalanced overtuned and lets be honest here delibrately done and I have done all of them(Started mid cataclysm and tanking Heroics back then was a piece of cake compared to this patch honestly).And add onto this the Crest currency which honestly blows my mind that it even made it off the beta the way it did.It has no catchup outside of spamming LFR and or Normal+ raids Doing endless PvP and endless Mythic+ keys to get the better crests.Thenyou have a vendor that literally downgrades 1 or 2 good crests into a worse tier crest that you are flooded with and that vendor should have a rework next patch seeing as in 10l.2 Crests will be removed if the Addon ATT (All the Things is correct and usually is).

In closing Prior to Dragonflights first patch it was great(except dragonriding will never like or enjoy it no matter what they do to make it better and it needs making better fast.)
then 10.05 came out Forbidden Reach was and still is a fun place to go compare to what we currently have a Vacant Cavern 95% of the time outside of early week when people go do there reset stuff kill the world boss upgrade a piece of gear or 2 then leave.Then there isall the people/afkers @ the time rift area the rest are either @ fyraks spot early week then that too is abandoned and they all remain in town or doing pvp/mythic+.For players like me who enjoy gearing their way not blizzard’s way we have next to nothing honestly.Drake crests and the next tier above that by now should be flooding players bags like the useless whelpling ones,And with 10.1.7 coming I really hope they have either nerfed the insanely crazy damage mobs are doing (Health stay the same idc)or buff players since I have not even noticed my character get much stronger than it was back @ the tail end of Shaodowlands.I say that since Shadowlands mobs still take as long if not longer than Dragonflight mobs to kill even when I am on Fury spec.BFA aint far behind either those 2 expansions need a bit of a nerf so we can actually have fun clearing that content without having to actually do a 10+ man raid for normal or heroic.

TLDR Nerf current mob damage/Or Buff players to compensate this.Fix the gearing system to not be punishment(it really is),Do something with PvP those guys are dry on new maps etc.Make old content which is <Shadowlands and backwards on Par with hor quick and easy WoD or MoP is I dont want to be stuck doing 20k dps if that I want to be over 500kDPS since I don’t want to be wasting my time farming transmogs in 1 dungeon or raid all day.

3 Likes

9 months into Dragonflight and it’s still going strong but of course there are those on the forums would attack the expansion but they would attack any and all other expansion as well because they despise blizzard and yet still giving them money to be on the forums.

3 Likes

It’s aight. I don’t think it’s really any better or worse than other recent expansions. It forces the player to do less chores, at the tradeoff of just having less relevant stuff to work on in general even if you want to. That’s gonna be good for some players and bad for others depending on how they approach the game.

For me, it’s a little in-between. I think the game is better off having those extra things to work on. But I think the specific implementation of that work feeling like pointless “chores” is a massive mistake on Blizzard’s part. There’s no reason the day-to-day progression of a character needs to be almost exclusively braindead world content, but that’s how they designed it for the previous couple expansions.

That aside, I generally just can’t play this game for 2 years nonstop anymore like I used to, so I’m basically done. I played for ~3 months when Dragonflight launched, leveled a couple toons, got KSM, took a long break, came back and twinked for a couple months (new to me at the time, probably won’t be a renewable source of time killing for me in the future), then caught up on a new 70 and did the megadungeon and some low Mythics for S2, which killed like 3 weeks before I was bored out of my mind with it. I don’t expect I log in for more than another ~2 weeks per major content patch for the rest of Dragonflight. I just don’t have the motivation to grind M+ more than once per expansion, and M+ is basically all endgame is since BfA. Outside of the pointless fluff stuff that I gain nothing from, anyway.

Welp. Beaky is back. Maybe that means Rastlin is also coming back? Maybe Talonel? The horseman of the apocalypse! :horse_racing:

5 Likes

there’s a lot to do for sure but it’s just not for players like me anymore we seem to have no place in new wow anymore. but happy for the rest of you

3 Likes

I still enjoy Dragonflight, though some recent new releases have certainly claimed a lot of my attention.

I really like Remnant 2, even with me making the mistake of playing Handler.
(The dog, unfortunately, cannot leap up and chew apart flying bosses, which there are kind of a lot of)
And Hammerwatch 2 is really good, I dunno what else to say about it, I just really like this game.

And then there’s Baldur’s Gate 3.
I’m sure I’ll get past the intro eventually, when I’m not just the moron getting dragged around by two people who’ve already played a substantial portion of the game so they run off, loot everything, and massacre the follower I wanted before I’m even done choosing my spells and passive for hitting level 2 because I wanted to be more careful about what I was picking after my first character was a total flop because Sorcerer sucks more than a black hole if you don’t know what you’re doing before even making the character.
I’m kinda not enjoying BG3, like, at all.

Df is fun. Ive got nearly every class to cap (including 4 different specced warriors)
Every class has some great mog going for them, unlocking a bunch of the race-specific stuff to boot. My lock has new minions too. Got all the allied races, bunch of mounts…

All this without touching dragon flying; i hope to see the new stuff without it eventually.

1 Like

It’s honestly a good expansion, but you can feel that the game overall is dead population wise.

Shadowlands did a lot of damage.

2 Likes

Please put a space after your periods at the end of your sentences. This may have been an excellent post, but my brain went “Nope.” when it realized the entire thing was written like that.

1 Like

Gameplay is fine, story I’m not fan of.

Some “Villains” and bad guys are just cringy.

1 Like

“Son?? Son?? Put me down son! Put daddy down now!! Byyyyyyeeeeee y’all, I’m being kidnapped! Literally!”-Brakkarion as he floats off over the Thaldraszus horizon.

1. Not having to run around on a grounded mount for x months, but rather being able to fly near instantly was a massive highlight.

~

1. Many classes felt a bit too bloated and I’m not a big fan of that.

~

1. Main story was….too tame in comparison to other xpacs. I don’t feel that sense of danger. The side-stories are nice

~

1. Content feels a bit….limited in some ways. Maybe it’s because I’m not running around for Azerite/Anima/etc?

~

1. Catch-up mechanics have been spot on.

~

1. I am slightly cautious where the story is going. It’s giving BfA vibes. Starts 1 theme and falls into 3 changing diluted ones in the same expansion. So far we have Incarnates, and Fyrakk does his fire show…now it’s going towards Emerald Dream, and hints it is then going towards Void based? Hope it retains consistency