Nightborne Warrior. Is there something wrong with me?

I’ve decided to go Horde and for some reason, I can’t stop thinking it would be a good idea to roll Nightborne Warrior.

Is there something wrong with me? Should I go see a doctor?

2 Likes

I mean, race doesn’t really matter, so do whatever you want. But Nightborne is like…the worst one there is for a warrior. So I guess…doesn’t really call for an ER visit but you might want to go ahead and bump up your next physical to ‘next available’.

3 Likes

Play any race you wanna play! The more unorthodox choices can be some of the most interesting in terms of race/class fantasy.

I might roll an Alliance character and was thinking of doing a Draenei Warrior for this very reason. Draenei Paladin’s are pretty commonplace, but few are those Draenei that rely purely on martial prowess and not the light when they fight.

Nightborne look really good in plate. The women in particular. It helps offset the slenderness of their models somewhat - adds a bulkiness that makes them more visually appealing. It’s the same effect with night elf women as well. It’s not an unusual choice at all.

Elves can often be too twiggy, so they benefit from a bit of bulking. On the flip side, the already large races can sometimes be too wide/thick, which makes some plate sets look a little comical. There’s a good balance to be struck.

2 Likes

I’m still looking to roll a Night Elf Mohawk.

It’s been like 10 years Blizz. I thought Mr T was gonna hack this thing?

4 Likes

Nightborne model is pretty poor. I find it hard to look at compared to the actual nighborne of Surumar.

4 Likes

I did it. God help my soul, I did it.

Honestly, I don’t get why folks hate on Nightborne Males. We’re like Blood Elves only uglier and look more vicious. Those all seem like pluses to me!

Besides, with a Nightborne Fury Spec, I get to live my inner Gandalf fantasy of dual-wielding a staff and sword… and make it actually seem somewhat legit.

7 Likes

I had this issue when this character was a Pandaren. The large belt buckles that blizzard loves to push these days were too big on a female panda. It is not that much of an issue now that i’m a Kul Tiran. However some pant models, like the pally lookalike pants from ToS or even the Uldir pants do make my hip and waist too big.

Welcome to the team! Just tell yourself that character investment is fun, and fun will keep you playing when +1% on the DPS meter won’t.

3 Likes

Kudos OP.

You had orc as an option and you avoided it entirely. That is impressive.

2 Likes

Regular Orc - been there, done that.

Now had Brown Orc been an option for me… I probably wouldn’t have been able to resist. :smiley:

All I’m hearing is ‘there’s brown orcs in the game, they can be warriors, I can have one, there’s just a bajillion steps ahead of that’.

…I’m just joshing. Yeah mag’har orc is pretty sweet, I race-changed my reg orc warr to mag’har, then went back and leveled a SECOND mag’har warr just for the heritage armor (And yes, all that work and money was 100% worth!)

Warrior is REALLLLLLY contending for Shadowlands main , even though it is too early to tell. They just look so good, I’ll have to check out a shal’dorei warrior sometime.

1 Like

yes, the desire to play an elf, could mean you are serious sick, a warrior then maybe you have gone to far, you should indeed seek help

1 Like

Kudos wulm, after going unscathed you Just gained an enemy

This is fair.

Play the race you like.

1 Like

yes, something is quite wrong.

no to dr, if you rolled a nightborne warrior, there’s just no hope for you

What’s wrong with elves? shifty eyebrow

Edit: OP, there is nothing wrong with you. Character fantasy > tiny number difference.
Edit2: www.wowhead.com/fury-warrior-guide

1 Like

What is not wrong with then?

Utility and fashion sense. Also posture.

1 Like