Nightborne: The Fixes We Need

10/06/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Zepidel
Goblins and worgen still dont have new models 5 years later what makes you think nightborne will ever be anything but reskinned night elves?

I don't think that's what's being said here. What's being said is the model we got was something completely different than what people had been expecting and is, by all accounts at the moment, busted involving animations. The idle, as mentioned by other people and myself, is absolutely busted because it keeps clipping into itself and cancelling itself out. That is something that should be addressed.

The nightborne have had an air about them of unfinished-ness (that's a word now) ever since they were released when their eyelids didn't initially work.
18 Likes
10/06/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Dliver
Can they just fix that chin/chest piece on the heritage armor? K thanks!

This is literally the only problem I have with Nightborne.

Oh and the one skipping animation they have, fix that too.

Then, done. I'll be chilling happy in Shal'aran.
1 Like
Yeah, we need some work done
1 Like
Glad there's still people interested in this.

It's unfortunate that BFA has had such a rough start with core systems that problems like this are on the back burner until the ship can be set straight again.

I'm hoping Blizzard revisits all races, Allied and otherwise, to do quality passes. Nightborne definitely need the 2nd pass they should have had prior to BFA's launch.
5 Likes
I am all for more customization for Nightborne and all that....

.... After worgen and goblins get their updates.
3 Likes
Might sound vain, but I have issues playing my Nightborne, because there's not a single face that doesn't look completely awful, and the limited hair options don't help.
13 Likes
10/07/2018 01:21 AMPosted by Alisiaa
Might sound vain, but I have issues playing my Nightborne, because there's not a single face that doesn't look completely awful, and the limited hair options don't help.

Many people share this notion. It's like they ported over Night Elf faces and just aged them for reasons. Considering the fact that both Nightborne and Night Elves have been around for the same length of time, it doesn't make sense for them to have aged differently.

Unless the aging look is to symbolize that as players we were Nightfallen recently restored by the Arcan'dor, in which case we should have a range of options, including more Withered-looking with the blacked out "deactivated" tatoos, as well as more healthy looking.

The facial geometry being absent from all but the first face also doesn't help.
3 Likes
I support this thread!

Fix the Nightborne Blizzard!

They deserve better
8 Likes
@ Valquois They can add in as many young faces as they want for you guys, but until they fix those BIG BUGLY EYES you will still look bad.

This was their biggest mistake imo.
7 Likes
I just want a nice face :(
3 Likes
Our nightborne seem like withered who are on the road to recovery. Our model while transformed in suramar looked much better. Much, much better.
3 Likes
Let's not talk about the Nightborne needing a fix...
2 Likes
10/07/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Volfe
Our nightborne seem like withered who are on the road to recovery. Our model while transformed in suramar looked much better. Much, much better.

If this were true, it would be better than what we have now. But what we have now doesn't even look like withered. They just look weird. Their skin tones are weird, their eyes are weird, their hair looks weird... they look like WEIRDOS.
1 Like
10/06/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Yvette
The idle animation loop is busted, at least for female nightborne.
They'll glance to the left, then turn back, then glance to the left again and snap back like a CD that skipped.

I noticed this on mine too. It's really annoying.
1 Like
Can we give them a treadmill and some weights so they don’t look like walking skeletons?

K thx bye
1 Like
10/07/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Gakkupo
I just want a nice face :(

I'm sure it's not that...

GAAAaAaAAHHhH! What the.....?!!
1 Like
I'd like the smooth faces of the Nightborne NPC's, with a slanty-eye option.

The males need much more handsome faces, stronger and more regal, and all the stances need fixing.

The female figures are really shapeless, as well, and especially when on a mount, they look straight up and down.

The posture and stance is terrible; just terrible. No one stands like that.
9 Likes
10/07/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Miriel
I'd like the smooth faces of the Nightborne NPC's, with a slanty-eye option.

The males need much more handsome faces, stronger and more regal, and all the stances need fixing.

The female figures are really shapeless, as well, and especially when on a mount, they look straight up and down.

The posture and stance is terrible; just terrible. No one stands like that.

The unique idle pose is really the only thing separating us from being full on Night Elf clones. I don't want it to go away.

The males definitely need major facial work to appear more like Sigryn and less like Night Elf males.
4 Likes
10/07/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Miriel

This! I won't even complain about their wonky proportions anymore. Just give me the option to have a handsome face >.<
4 Likes
Yeah the Nightborne need attention ASAP. The customization options are incredibly limiting
5 Likes