Nightborne: Model Updates

Well, it’s 2019 and still no changes to our Nightborne. I absolutely fell in love with the Nightborne during Legion - such a beautiful race! Unfortunately, that isn’t the case for our playable allied race.

So many things are off in comparison with the NPC models: Lack of slit eyes, much smaller in body size (both height and weight), fewer customization options than any other race, clipping issues with the heritage armor, the terrible chin piece that’s attached to the shoulders, glowing arcane fingertips, ear shapes… The Nightborne’s iconic look is still just a shanty copy/paste of Night Elves. I have a visual comparison screenshot but can’t include it in this forum. It’s such a drastic difference. :frowning:

I know other races are in need of updates as well, but NB are the -only- race that doesn’t resemble their NPC counterparts. Please give us an update soon!

Edit: I was taught how to do the link thing. :slight_smile:
https://i.imgur.com/XjG6KC3.jpg

61 Likes

Ive rolled 2 a male and female ( the first female toons Ive ever rolled) the females look alright … but the males… they look way off , kinda like puppet odd…

13 Likes

I totally agree the males are much worse, but the females are off too. Here’s to hoping we get an update!

14 Likes

The Worgen and Goblins are still sitting in that corner over there, all the way back from 2010, laughing right now.

33 Likes

True, but at least y’all match the in-game NPCs.

7 Likes

I’m not denying that Nightborne look like trash. It’s why I won’t play one. Just saying that you’re going to be waiting a loooooong time, since they haven’t even done anything with the other two yet.

13 Likes

On the upside of this all, it looks like they fixed the clipping issue (via another thread) with our heritage armor on the PTR. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for more, but won’t hold my breath. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m severely ticked off that KT are getting models from scratch, yet they couldn’t be bothered to give Nightborne actual Nightborne faces.

15 Likes

Well, you are recovering mana alcoholics. Give it more time sweet pea.

/tentacleflip

8 Likes

Yeah, I totally agree. And there’s plenty of other issues with the allied races too. Dark Iron, for example, have some hairstyles that have clipping issues. Like, the hair looks like it enters into the cheekbone and comes out of the bottom. Come ON. It’s hair for ONE race! :rage:

4 Likes

Oh you must be new here. When was the last time Tauren race ever gotten love for extra customization? Sure they got an update, but their selection of customization remained the same since 2004. Welcome to Blizzard er rather Activision Blizzard where your game time is way more important than silly character customization and other cosmetics.

Who do you think they are? ESO, GW2, FFXIV and SWTOR developers that do actually show care to their character customization??

13 Likes

You’re 100% right. But your reality check has made me extra sad now. Gonna go cry into a box of Teddy Grahams.

5 Likes

I want the males to be more muscular.

Because when I was a Nightborne, I had to wear giant shoulders in order to cover up the twig-like arms.

Granted, the Legion Nightborne Male model was like this, but it was always wearing armor that made it seem like it wasn’t as skinny as it is.

4 Likes

This. Both genders are in dire need of some muscles.

3 Likes

Damn this title kinda implied there had been updates, dissapointement

2 Likes

FacesOfMana dot com? :joy:

3 Likes

Well you’re certainly prettier than any vapid Blood Elf I’ve ever seen, even with the model imperfections.

/tentaclesass

5 Likes

Cast stuff needs to stop coming out of only one hand. Needs more theemed gear, more faces more hairstyles , and more skin colours

6 Likes

I really want the old Nightborne face back. Before they were “fixed”

6 Likes

If you want to post a link, put a ` on either side of it.

3 Likes